Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HITEC AURORA 9 OPTIMA BODA CHECK

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:07 AM
JIMF14D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HITEC AURORA 9 OPTIMA BODA CHECK

Just a heads up for any of you that use the Hitec Optima 2.4 Rx with the Boda antenna. On very early Rxs, Hitec had recommended beefing up the point where the little antenna wire enters the black round BODA body area with some clear silicon sealer. Idid not remember to do that on my oldest Rx that I got with an early A9 in March 2010 and had an interesitng problem:

I have been flying an electric Sportster with a 7 channel Rx for about a year now (150 flights). In the air things always worked perfectly. A few times if Ilanded long the plane would not operate to taxi back and seemed to be in fail safe. Range checks after I brought back and put it on a flight stand were always good. Yesterday it happened again after 3 flights and while checkng things out with a friend, we found out that a distance of abouit 250 feet things would not work but if Ipicked the plane up about 18 inches off the ground things were fine. If Iset it back down it went to fail safe.

Post flight inspection showed that the little antenna wire was gone from the antenna body.No idea when it fell off. Later Rx BODA assembly designs were changed, but if you have an old one, good idea to check it carefully.

Jim D
Old 04-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HITEC AURORA 9 OPTIMA BODA CHECK

I was wondering if anyone had a picture of what the old ones and newer ones looked like. I have four receivers bought at different times and they all look the same to me.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:44 AM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

Check out this thread.
[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13661941&postcount=11]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13661941&postcount=11[/link]
Old 04-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, that's just what I needed. Looks like I need to get out the old Shoe Goo!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:59 PM
JIMF14D

On the old ones, the body diameter at the end where the little wire antenna is attached does not neck down. On the upgraded ones it necks down similar to the size at the reciever wire end.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Thanks for the info, it may save me some grief down the road as I have several of the older receivers