Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receiver options

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 08:31 AM
GravityWorx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver options

Hello all,

I am starting to realize why people call their living spaces "Hangars". My question is what are most people doing for recievers. Do you maintain a reciever for each plane or swap them out according to what flying mood you are in. If so what are good choices for recievers for park flyers and Light balsa 3D's. I have a DX7.

Thanks

E.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:59 PM
GravityWorx

Default RE: Receiver options

Just got back from the old abondoned flying field. Bumped into I guy there who was able to answer my question. Due to the time it takes to set up wires and positions for proper C/G the easy way is to have a reciever for each plane.

New question. Do larger servos require larger recievers for more power or are recievers basic and you just are upgrading to more channels and functions.

Thanks

E.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:41 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: GravityWorx

Just got back from the old abondoned flying field. Bumped into I guy there who was able to answer my question. Due to the time it takes to set up wires and positions for proper C/G the easy way is to have a reciever for each plane.

New question. Do larger servos require larger recievers for more power or are recievers basic and you just are upgrading to more channels and functions.

Thanks

E.
Most people have a separate receiver for each aircraft. It would be very inconvenient and time consuming to swap receivers. I have small 6ch receivers for foamies and light aircraft that you fly in close, and larger 7, 8, or 9ch receivers for larger aircraft. If the receiver is advertised as Full Range, then you can use it for any size aircraft. With JR/Spektrum 2.4 receivers, in larger, more expensive aircraft, I tend to use the receivers that have two or more satellite receivers, to minimize signal blockage by structure or the engine.

Larger servos, especially if they are Digital, will draw more current, requiring higher capacity Rx batteries. Most servos are rated for 4.8v or 6v, with 6v giving you faster speed and more torque. HV servos will allow you to use 2cell LiPo Rx battery packs, at fully charged voltage of 8.4v, and no voltage regulator required. You would need to look over the specs of the Rx you plan to use to determine what it's voltage limits are. I believe you will find that some of the smaller Rx's are voltage limited.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:44 PM
GravityWorx

Thank you. Every little bit of new info helps me out a lot.

Appreciated

Erich
Old 04-30-2011, 06:50 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: GravityWorx

Thank you. Every little bit of new info helps me out a lot.

Appreciated

Erich
Anytime!! If I can be of any help just ask.