Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 10:03 PM
ads8525
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver

Can a reciever be shorted out by plugging the wire from the speed controller into the reciever
backwards?
Old 05-14-2011, 10:15 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Receiver

ORIGINAL: ads8525 Can a reciever be shorted out by plugging the wire from the speed controller into the reciever backwards?
Yes, very easy to misalign plug, missing one pinand blow cheapcaseless RX which have exposed pins.
Not so easy with the more expensive RX with solid cases and polarised slots so plug can be inserted the correct way only without force.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
(quick search = Ctrl+F)
Old 05-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That shouldn't cause a problem. The + line, center wire, is the same. Ground was applyed to the signal line on the port you pluged into. Nothing was applied to the power positive bus. In effect, no voltage was applied to the RX.

Don
Old 05-14-2011, 10:48 PM
ads8525
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The receiver is a spectrum 6200. It worked before I swapped out the speed controller. I plugged the battery in nothing happened, I noticed I plugged the wire in backwards on the reciever so I switched the wire around and still nothing. I plug the battery in, the servos twitch for a sec but that is it, the light on the receiver does not even come on. What else xould it be?

Old 05-15-2011, 04:35 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well the first thing I'd try is to re-bind the rx.

The second thing is that I very much prefer to setup electric powered models using a separate battery.Then go to the ESC when finished setting up everything else you can then set things up for the throttle travel settings which will affect whether or not the ESC arms.

Alan and Don are both right; if all you did was plug the throttle/power lead from the ESC in backward it shouldn't hurt anything, but as Alan noted on rx's such as the AR6100 with no slots for the leads and open pins, you could theoretically mess things up.