Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2.4 module?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 module?

Hi

I have an old(ish) futaba 8u 72 transmitter that i would like to convert to 2.4 ghz. I have looked at numorus different options such as spektrum, futaba, and assan, but can not seem to come to a decision on which one is best.

The spektrum is apealing because it is reletivley cheap (110) and would allow me to use the bind n fly aircraft and blade helecopters. However, I am hesitent because of the fact that it dsm2 and the reports of interferance.

The assan is nice because it is very cheap and the recivers are inexpensive as well. the only issue is that i have heard reports of the recivers being labled as v2 when they are the origional v1's.

Futaba is just way too expensive (300)

Could someone with experience with modules and rx's help me?

also, is there other module options?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2011, 05:30 PM
cwesh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2.4 module?

Check this thread out...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10517389/tm.htm
Old 05-15-2011, 06:22 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 610

Hi

I have an old(ish) futaba 8u 72 transmitter that i would like to convert to 2.4 ghz. I have looked at numorus different options such as spektrum, futaba, and assan, but can not seem to come to a decision on which one is best.

The spektrum is apealing because it is reletivley cheap (110) and would allow me to use the bind n fly aircraft and blade helecopters. However, I am hesitent because of the fact that it dsm2 and the reports of interferance.

The assan is nice because it is very cheap and the recivers are inexpensive as well. the only issue is that i have heard reports of the recivers being labled as v2 when they are the origional v1's.

Futaba is just way too expensive (300)

Could someone with experience with modules and rx's help me?

also, is there other module options?

Thanks
The Spektrum module is about $110 including a receiver.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:35 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber
The Spektrum module is about $110 including a receiver.
And haven't been in stock at HH for over a month with no date set for when they will be in. Maybe they will be packaging the Module with the 7010 RX in the future??
Old 05-16-2011, 05:48 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just recently installed the FrSky 2.4GHz module in my Futaba transmitter and the accompanying 8 channel receiver in a plane and, so far, excellent results. Cost me $40 for the module and receiver including shipping and is working well. Additional receivers are available for less than $30. Problem is long shipping time on some orders.