Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR radio question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 07:10 AM
matt43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR radio question

Does anyone know where I could find stiffer springs for the sticks of my JR 9503???
Old 05-24-2011, 08:08 AM
onewasp

Default RE: JR radio question

Radio South comes to mind immediately.

However, you may wish to talk it over with Tony Stillman (owner of Radio South) first.

Personally I am a soft stick flier but to each his own.
Years ago (lots of years unfortunately) those of us in Pattern were mostly trying for the soft touch.
Today it is largely the other way around .
Old 05-24-2011, 08:25 AM
matt43

Well thank you just ordered a set and yeah I am only 22 but been flyin since I was 6 and I'm trying to get into precision, my dad is a past pattern nats masters champion in the days of the LA-1 and SL-1 but I would like a little more stick differential tension and the new stick springs don't get tight enough for a good differential. But thank you very much!!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:51 AM
MaineBear

Yes... Radio South would be the place to go. A number of years ago, and being a former full scale pilot, I found my JR8103 didn't give me the 'feel' I thought I needed(?) so I had Tony install higher tension springs in my Tx. Found they greatly improved my 'feel' for everything .... and I go back in years before the LA-1 and SL-1
Old 05-24-2011, 11:19 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

You realize you can tension them?

But yes, Radio South would be my first choice and he does indeed stock stiffer springs for most radios.