Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Dual Aileron Servos in EACH wing, Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 12:22 AM
Paul Cataldo
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Aileron Servos in EACH wing, Help

Guys,
I'm thinking of putting two servos in each wing of my Dave Patrick Edge. I am currently using 1 Hitec 5645mg with 168oz of torque in each wing. Some will say that two in each wing is OVERKILL, but some of us feel that the placement of the single servo in each wing is WAY off.
I have never done this before, and could use a little help.
If I add another Hitec digital, is the Hitec Servo programmer ok to use to prevent the servos from fighting each other? Do I still need a matchbox? If so, which one? I have never heard of a matchbox other than a JR matchbox.
Since all of my channels are being used in my 8 channel Rx, do I have to use a y harness in each wing? ( I would assume so)
Thanks for any help and pointers.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:57 PM
3D Joy

Your are perfectly right. You should use a Y harness in each wing and then program each servo with the programmer. You just have to set the neutral position and then the end points of each servo so that in the whole travel there will be no fighting each other. In fact, the JR matchbox does exactly this.

The only thing I may add, use heavy duty wires since those digitals do no like insufficient power. If poor quality wiring is used, you will most likely crash your plane as the servos will start glitching and not responding.
Old 08-16-2003, 03:10 AM
Giant Scale

I'd use a seperate servo lead for each servo and then a y harness when they enter the receiver. Use a 20-22 guage wire. You should be able to use the programmer to match the servos. If you want more torque upgrade the servo to a 5945. I'm running a single 5645 in my 35% Lanier Giles and it works fine.