Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum binding issues

Old 06-13-2011, 01:33 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Spektrum binding issues

Okay, so my Tx and Rx got in today. However, they refuse to bind properly. The Receiver goes into bind mode, orange LED flashing away, but it doesn't go solid after a few seconds once I put the Tx into bind mode.

Tx: DX5e
Rx: AR6110e

Any ideas what's going on?
Old 06-13-2011, 02:14 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum binding issues

If the reciever is fast flashing then make sure you're holding the transmitter atleast a few feet away from the receiver and you're not sitting on a metal work bench surface or the like.

I dont know what puts the 5 into bind mode but hold it for more than a "couple seconds"
Old 06-13-2011, 04:20 PM
airbusdrvr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just read the owner's manual for the transmitter/receiver and it says the transmitter will make a tone sound when the system is bound. Don't know, I don't own one of these, but try the manual instructions again and see what happens.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:49 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: 378

Okay, so my Tx and Rx got in today. However, they refuse to bind properly. The Receiver goes into bind mode, orange LED flashing away, but it doesn't go solid after a few seconds once I put the Tx into bind mode.

Tx: DX5e
Rx: AR6110e

Any ideas what's going on?
Are you putting the Bind Plug into the Bind Port on the receiver? If you are trying to use the Charging Jack, on the Switch Harness, then you will not be able to Bind unless you have a DSC Compatible Switch Harness.

If you are Binding using the Bind Port on the receiver, be sure your Transmitter and Receiver batteries are properly charged.

Trying to Bind while next to a Large Metal Building, like an Aircraft Hangar, will prevent you from being able to Bind.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:58 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

My guess was that since he was getting the fast flash he had the bind plug right.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:48 AM

I got it bound! Cause was weak Tx batteries. Guy before me was running some sort of cheapy chinese 99 cents for a pack of forty gas station AAs. I threw four Duracells in and it bound first try.

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 06-15-2011, 02:57 AM
airbusdrvr

I got it bound! Cause was weak Tx batteries. Guy before me was running some sort of cheapy chinese 99 cents for a pack of forty gas station AAs. I threw four Duracells in and it bound first try.

And had it been able to get airborne before the batteries died, we could have had "another Spektrum radio failure" thread
Old 06-15-2011, 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: airbusdrvr

And had it been able to get airborne before the batteries died, we could have had ''another Spektrum radio failure'' thread
I wouldn't blame it on Spektrum though. I'm not one of those types. The blame would ultimately fall on me for flying with those stupid Shisu batteries.