Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 4YF Schematic?

Old 06-15-2011, 02:35 AM
H5487

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 4YF Schematic?

This question is aimed towards the electronic geeks on RCU...

I'm looking for a schematic for a Futaba 4YF transmitter. I would like to resurrect my old Digi-Trio system for nostalgic reasons but I wouldn't dare try to fly on 27MHz these days. Besides, I doubt that the thing is even worth trying to make operable again. Therefore, I'd like to install the guts from a modern Futaba 4YF transmitter into my Digi-Trio case.

Yes, I know the FCC rules forbidding me to mess with the transmitter circuitry without a first class license and I don't intend to do so. But I DO want to retain my original Digi-Trio's single-stick pot assembly and in order to do so, I need the Futaba's schematic so I can locate the padding and balance resistors to tie the Digi-Trio's stick into. (It's not going to be a simple matter of replacing each Futaba pot wire with a Digi-Trio one as the resistive calculations for each will differ and have to be adjusted.)

I've been in electronics all of my life so this won't be an impossible task for me but it will be easier if I have the Futaba schematic to reference. (I already have the Digi-Trio schematic.) Futaba is very protective of its technology so it isn't about to release their schematic to me. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Harvey

PS
This project is for my own personal one-time use and I do NOT intend to share the info or make multiple conversions. You may PM me if you don't want to post your response for the world to see.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:19 PM
H5487

Default RE: Futaba 4YF Schematic?

Tap, tap, tap...

This thing on?

Anybody???
Old 06-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Lnewqban

Default RE: Futaba 4YF Schematic?

Not exactly what you ask, but it may be a useful reference: