Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 12FG edit button

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 07:55 PM
ozzieflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 12FG edit button

Am about to go for the 12FG, and was just wondering how other 12F users found the "Edit" button on the 12FG.
I am familiar with the JR with the "scroll wheel", and will be coming form a JR10x touch screen. The 8Fg looks to have a "newer Ipod style", so am interested in what end users think of the 12FG for programing/editing etc.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:02 AM
rfk1381
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Futaba 12FG edit button

I have owned in the last 8 years the Futaba 9C, JR 9303, Futaba 10C, and in the last year, Futaba 12FG. All had a similar approach to select/edit/set the programming values. 12FG operation is simple and intuitive. The EDIT button is easy to use, which is: rotate to select the function, push to enter the function, rotate to select the edit field, push to edit the field, rotate to change the value, then push to set the value. Simple, easy to learn.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:06 AM
ozzieflyer

Thankyou,
I have just ordered a 12FG, but have come form a JR 10x, which I really liked the touch screen interface, was a hard thing to let go, but am looking forward to the 12FG
Old 06-20-2011, 08:01 AM
rfk1381
My Feedback: (7)

Ozzieflyer:

It is a fine system. Since you will be coming from familiarity with JR programming method, may I suggest what helped me quickly learn the 12FG programming method?

First follow the examples in the two short training videos, Futaba Programming 101 and 102, by Steve Kalauf about basic programming found on Hobbico/Futaba's channel on YouTube.

Then read through Malcolm Holt's 8FG programming addendum several times with your 12FG to work some examples. (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1750)

Finally work through the examples in the Futaba FAQ "12FG Basic Start Up Info" (http://futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-12fg-q1151.html). When you finish programming the example/tutorial for setting up an aerobatic fixed wing aircraft in the 12FG Basic Start Up Info FAQ document, then its programming approach should be easy for you.

Additional FAQ updates for Futaba radios:
http://futaba-rc.com/new.html
Old 06-20-2011, 02:25 PM
ozzieflyer

Excellent advice rfk1381, I've already started reading the manul, and I did come across Malcolm Holts 8fg programing, as I originally thought that's what I would get, but when I used one, realsied, while it's a nice radio, didn't have the feel of the 10X.

Might even be lucky and will get it by tomorrow (Wednesday, Aus).