Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Programming Hitech servos?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 04:18 AM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming Hitech servos?

I was hoping someone could give me a hand here.
I am programming the end points on my servos. 5625. I was wondering what you would consider the maximum effective travel for a servo?
Using the programmer I can program these things to go 90 degrees in each direction. Maybe even more but on an aileron I surely wouldnt want that much throw. I would like to set them up for as much throw possible so I can achieve Mechanical Advantage by moving the clevis up on the control horn.

I think someone mentioned that 140 degrees was about where I want to be. What's your thought?
Old 08-16-2003, 05:25 AM
Lynx

The bigger the throw the less sensative it will be because there are only a finite number of steps a transmitter can transmit at, so it will be a little more course if you have huge endpoints.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:11 PM
bentgear

Another thing to look at is the linear movement of the pushrod decreases the further from a right angle to the servo starting point you are. Also, when you pass 90 degrees of movement pushrod travel actually starts going the other way. I hope I'm typing this so it makes sense. My thinking is 120 to 140 degrees of total throw is about ideal. What I don't like is being forced to use about 60 to 70 degrees total throw because of some badly designed hatch cover.
Ed M.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:31 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

That's what I was looking for. Thanks