Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba receiver High or Low Band---???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Born2Fly
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba receiver High or Low Band---???????

Hi all,

Couple months ago I bought the Futaba receiver. It is a high band; I use it for Channel 46. My question is: Does the high band receiver will work w/ Channel 13 crystal? Is the high and low band mean something, let say the difference in the produced signal or it is just the logical divider? I am sorry it might sound very weird, but I do not have other words to explain it.

Thank you in advance.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:13 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

""according to futaba"" they tune their rx for either high or low band. I can't recall the cut-off channel but it is around 35. if you are in the 40's tuned for the high end you are not supposed to be able to switch to the teens.....which is in the lower band.

I have personally switched from Crystal 28 to 11 with futaba rx and it worked perfectly.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:18 PM
Born2Fly
My Feedback: (21)

OK, but 28 and 11 they both low band, right?
Old 05-07-2003, 12:00 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Yes, 11 and 28 are low band. I would not advise you to switch from 46 to 13. Stick with High and Low band crystals.

Crystals are cheap and planes are... well... more. You may even be able to find someone to trade with here.

Mike
Old 08-21-2003, 09:42 AM
NathanGerhards
My Feedback: (2)

Default If you change

He is right about High and low, but chaging any ch you should get your TX dialed for it. For instance if you are ch 12 (low band) and change to 15 (low band) or 13 Low band) to 46 (high band) either way both ways you need to get your radio retuned! Very risky if you don't.
Old 08-21-2003, 11:11 PM
strato911

Default Re: Futaba receiver High or Low Band---???????

Originally posted by Born2Fly
Is the high and low band mean something, let say the difference in the produced signal or it is just the logical divider?
It is just a logical division of the 72Mhz band, because Futaba still tunes their receivers for either the upper or lower half of the 72Mhz band. If you use a low band crystal in a high band receiver (or vice versa), it may SEEM to work, but you will have reduced range.

Low band = ch 11-35 (72.010 through 72.490)
High band = ch 36-60 (72.510 through 72.990)

By the way, Futaba is the only manufacturer who still does this.