Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

frsky quality

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 05:15 PM
volksman
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default frsky quality

I got a module from hobby city for my futaba 8u, plugged it in and wouldnt bind. this seemed odd. tried and tried. pulled it out of the radio and shook and heard a rattle. upon opening the case, found the plug which covers the female pins off. also one of the female broke. quick resolder put plug back on and same thing. This time when block came off pulled a pad off the board with one of the female pins. the pins got shorted out. rf doesnt work anymore cooked the 72mhz module when i pluged it back in and a corona 2.4 diy as well. worst part about it the dammed frsky works flawless, soldered a balance tab from a battery pack to board pluged the balance tab to my second 8u and it works. no product support from frysky. they are in china so accountability is nil. this is a common problem ive found from reading posts about frsky.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:07 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: frsky quality

Sorry to hear of your misfortune with your 8U tranny. I have read of several person complaining about the lack of good QC on some chinese manufactured goods, plus with the supplier so far away it is extremely difficult and at best very time consuming to get any worthwhile redress in matters such as yours. The FrSky 2.4 systems though very reasonable priced through HK has an excellent record for their reliability and perfromance. Was it the non or telemetry capable system you were using, as so far the non telemetry system in my 8UAF has been rock solid in it's performance.

Karol
Old 07-19-2011, 07:08 PM
volksman
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: frsky quality

non telemetry i have it velcroed to the back and have flown it over two hrs with a dle 20 gas engine. it works no offer of even a replacement module. so at least it would fit in the slot it is supposed to. they answered a couple of emails one was damage in shipping.