Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

being a micro flyer....

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 07:48 PM
electricrc68
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default being a micro flyer....

well i am only a micro flyer and i was wondering, is it necessary to buy a dx6i for just flying micros? i heard that the dx6i has much better range than the stock parkzone transmitters, but would it be necessary for me since i fly only micros?
Old 07-31-2011, 10:24 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: being a micro flyer....

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

well i am only a micro flyer and i was wondering, is it necessary to buy a dx6i for just flying micros? i heard that the dx6i has much better range than the stock parkzone transmitters, but would it be necessary for me since i fly only micros?
Aircraft like the Ember 2 are not flown very far from the Tx so they do not require a Tx with full range. You will be fine with the Tx that comes with with the Ready to Fly version. I just bought the Night Vapor and the Tx that came with it worked adequately.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:28 PM
S E Repton

While a transmitter such as a DX6i is not necessary for it's full range ability when flying micro's, if you fly more than one you will find its model memory may be an advantage when switching between models.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:17 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Micro flyers - can be pretty darn good an if you get into really involved aerobatics (I don't mean just hovering) you will need a fully programmable setup -
but for the simple bind n fly stuf -the tiny tx ar just fine -even for th little helis
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92496.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1642764   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57607.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	1642765  
Old 08-01-2011, 05:34 AM
electricrc68
Banned

okay thanks guys. i will keep these tiny transmitters for now, and maybe in a couple of months i will get a 2nd hand dx6i for the model memory. (i only have 1 aircraft right now)