Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

rc radio question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Turqui
My Feedback: (139)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc radio question?

thanks everybody for sharing knowledge every time i ask a question; i really appreciate that.
im looking for advise or tips on ideas for cheap transmitter cases, double cases with the proper foam protection inside,any recomendations?
anything dofferent and less expensive than the ones sold at hobby stores?
also will like to know the best type of containers to store items that will not be used for some time like servos, receivers,servo extensions, in order to avoid humidity and corrosion, any sugerstions?
best regards and thanks again.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:13 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: rc radio question?

ORIGINAL: Turqui

thanks everybody for sharing knowledge every time i ask a question; i really appreciate that.
im looking for advise or tips on ideas for cheap transmitter cases, double cases with the proper foam protection inside,any recomendations?
anything dofferent and less expensive than the ones sold at hobby stores?
also will like to know the best type of containers to store items that will not be used for some time like servos, receivers,servo extensions, in order to avoid humidity and corrosion, any sugerstions?
best regards and thanks again.
Home Depot or Lowes carry metal briefcases that work fine as Transmitter Cases. Harbor Freight carries them, as well. You can get Foam at a Foam and Fabric store.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:13 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Can't help you with an alternative cheaper case for your Tx other than an off the shelf item, but for storing odds and ends I use the large empty plastic ice cream or butter containers.

Karol
Old 08-01-2011, 10:25 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our local Target store has shoebox sized plastic storage bins with lids that clamp in place. I use several of these for engines, radio gear, batteries, tools, etc. They stack nicely on the shelf, are clear enough to let you see what's in them, and I throw those Silica Gel dessicant packages in them for stuff that's prone to moisture damage (engines).

Where I work, we get stuff shipped to us with those bags of dessicant, so I just save 'em and take them home. Even in the storage bins without the stuff, I haven't had any trouble with storage, even in my sometimes damp basement.