Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Y on a battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 05:35 PM
telejojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Y on a battery

Can you use a y on a channel with a bat. and another function.I have run out of channels and need a slot for battery and ign. cut off switch and was thinking about using a y all I need for the ign. is a signal wire and a hot wire for the bat.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:42 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Y on a battery

ORIGINAL: telejojo Can you use a y on a channel with a bat. and another function.I have run out of channels and need a slot for battery and ign. cut off switch and was thinking about using a y all I need for the ign. is a signal wire and a hot wire for the bat.
Yes, examples:
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual or Multiple Batteries may be installed - Avoid Brownout & Add Redundancy, even one for each servo.
<dt>Separate Battery for Retract Servo - DIY harness. 01 </dt><dt>Separate Battery for Retract Servo - DIY harness. 02

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
(quick search = Ctrl+F)

</dt>
Old 08-06-2011, 06:16 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: telejojo

Can you use a y on a channel with a bat. and another function.I have run out of channels and need a slot for battery and ign. cut off switch and was thinking about using a y all I need for the ign. is a signal wire and a hot wire for the bat.
Yes you can. For most all receivers, the Rx battery can be plugged into the Bat port or any other Servo port, using a Y Harness, where the Battery is plugged into one side of the Y and the Servo is plugged into the other side of the Y. Some people use more than one Rx battery, for Redundancy. They plug one battery into the Bat port and one battery into any Servo port. Do not plug both batteries, if you use two, into the same Y Harness.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:45 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, but be sure to use a Y with heavy duty leads. Many Y's are to puny and will cause a voltage drop just when you need the high currents.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:08 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rodney

Yes, but be sure to use a Y with heavy duty leads. Many Y's are to puny and will cause a voltage drop just when you need the high currents.
Absolutely!!