Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servos for plane

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 08:00 PM
bigjoe1986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos for plane

Im a newbie to rc and looking into getting a plane for a starter and was wondering if i need different servos for different functions or could i just get 4 of the same servo and it would control everything?

Im looking on buying the Hobbico Avistar 40 ARF from www.greathobbies.comfor 109.99 which i didnt think was a bad price for the plane itself compared to others ive seen but as I said im a bit of a newbie to this world and wasnt quite sure about the servos.Which somewhat inexpensive servos would be good for this plane?I dont have any hobby stores nearby(closest is a 4 hour drive) and am starting from scratch for everything and dont have a whole lot of money to begin with so im forced to buy most things one at a time.

Thanks for the help
Joey
Old 08-08-2011, 08:16 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Servos for plane

ORIGINAL: bigjoe1986

Im a newbie to rc and looking into getting a plane for a starter and was wondering if i need different servos for different functions or could i just get 4 of the same servo and it would control everything?

Im looking on buying the Hobbico Avistar 40 ARF from www.greathobbies.com for 109.99 which i didnt think was a bad price for the plane itself compared to others ive seen but as I said im a bit of a newbie to this world and wasnt quite sure about the servos.Which somewhat inexpensive servos would be good for this plane?I dont have any hobby stores nearby(closest is a 4 hour drive) and am starting from scratch for everything and dont have a whole lot of money to begin with so im forced to buy most things one at a time.

Thanks for the help
Joey
4 Standard servos such as the ones below should be fine:

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...d_id=HITHS311S

The gears in the following servos will last longer:

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...d_id=HITHS322S

The Ball Bearings on the Output Shaft, for the following servos, will help keep the the Output Shaft in line longer:

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...d_id=HITHS325S

Take your pick, but I would vote for the 3rd choice.

You can look at similar servos from other manufacturers, as well. Hobby King has some really cheap servos:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._31_2D49g.html

Check out Servo City:

http://servocity.com/html/hitec_servos.html
Old 08-09-2011, 06:20 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

If you are like you said a newbie and starting from scratch, when you decide to buy your radio system it is usually supplied with 4 standard type servos which will be quite suitable for the model you have selected.

Karol
Old 08-09-2011, 06:29 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigjoe1986

Im looking on buying the Hobbico Avistar 40 ARF from www.greathobbies.com for 109.99 which i didnt think was a bad price for the plane itself compared to others ive seen but as I said im a bit of a newbie to this world and wasnt quite sure about the servos.Which somewhat inexpensive servos would be good for this plane?I dont have any hobby stores nearby(closest is a 4 hour drive) and am starting from scratch for everything and dont have a whole lot of money to begin with so im forced to buy most things one at a time.

Thanks for the help
Joey
What radio do you plan to use?
You will need to purchase Fuel, Fuel Pump, a Glow Stick, Electric Starter + Battery(you could use a Chicken Stick as a substitute).
Old 08-09-2011, 07:26 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

For a newbie just getting his foot wet in this hobby it would be a great help if you got associated with a club or an experienced flier who would be able to assist you in getting started. Also read everything you can find on flying RC models

Karol