RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba Charger and Switch Harness

Old 08-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Steve Westphal

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba Charger and Switch Harness

A while back, I picked up a 2 ch. Futaba radio for my soon to be son-in-law. It is an FP-T2GS and the Tx takes dry cells. I am in need of a charger for the battery, and a switch harness for him but the problem is the plugs are the old type. I think they call them J plugs as they are shaped that way and the battery has 3 pins. Is there anyone who might handle this stuff? Thanks!
Old 08-18-2003, 03:54 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Futaba Charger and Switch Harness

We're sorryt, but your old Futaba 2GS system would use the old Futaba 'G' connectors. they are the ones with the flat blade-type pins that stick out of the housing at 90 degrees to the cord.

If your transmitter is on 72 or 75 MHz, it would be illegal to use, because it's a wide-band unit. A 27 MHz unit would be OK.

Futaba no longer makes components that would be directly compatible with your unit. By the time you purchased the charger, switch harness, and needed adaptors, you're getting rather close to a similar 2-channel system.

Basic 2-channel systems are as low as $45.00, depending upon the retailer.