Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Savox Servos

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 12:55 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Savox Servos

Are these servos made in China? I can't afford high end JR servos any longer and I'm looking for a substitute.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:31 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RE: Savox Servos

Some guys are flying them in helis, I think they are Tiwan but I'm not for certain.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:36 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Savox servos are made in Malaysia. For the most part, the Spektrum line servos have the same specs, but they're made in Taiwan and generally "feel" better.

ThunderbirdJunkie installed a Savox 1258TG in his 2wd short course RC truck and a Spektrum 6040 in his 4wd short course truck (4.5 lb vs 6.5 lb), and while they have similar specs, the Spektrum centers better and makes less noise while trying to stay centered. Mind you, both trucks have been abused quite a bit as something that hits stuff going 30 mph is prone to do, and despite being in a 2 pound heavier truck, the Spektrum seems to be holding up better. When new, the Savox performed the same as the Spektrum 6040.

If he only owned Savox 1258TGs in both trucks, ThunderbirdJunkie would like them just fine and would probably buy more...but the Spektrums are easily worth the ~5% price increase over the Savoxes, and they're still a great deal for a high end, high speed servo. They'll definitely be going in the airplanes and helicopters in the future.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:11 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: flycatch Are these servos made in China? I can't afford high end JR servos any longer and I'm looking for a substitute.
Made in Taiwan.
Savox parent coy is Tricore (aka Align & Spektrum Digitals), refer:
Servo - Horn arm Spline Count and Inter Brand Compatibilityand attachments thereto.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
(quick search = Ctrl+F)
Old 08-12-2011, 10:57 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Pretty sure the packaging saying "Made in Malaysia" doesn't mean it's made in Taiwan. Just sayin'.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:56 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie Pretty sure the packaging saying "Made in Malaysia" doesn't mean it's made in Taiwan. Just sayin'.
Mostlikely package could show "made in Malaysia" if received as part of a package with other items being assembled together and packaged in Malyasia. e.g. JR, Spektrum and Sanwa (aka Airtronics), who do not own any factories themselves, are made and/orassembled together ina Malaysian subsidiary factory of Bandai.
Hitec systems show made in the Philipinnes where most of their products are manufactured and packaged, rather than showing some components are ex Korea.
Tricore "includes three factories, Electro-optical BU, Brand BU, General Administration Dept., R&D Center, Management Information Data Dept., and Purchasing Center. The R&D Center has been set up in Taiwan to dedicate to the front-end development of new products, and all R&D engineers have on-the-job training to sharpen their skills."
There is no need for Tricore to have Savox servo OEM elsewhere other than their own factories.
To add to own database, would be interested to see a copy of any Savox servo label orbox evidencing that the individual item was made inMalaysia

Alan T.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:57 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

That's what the box said that the 1258 came in.

Again, they are good servos, but the Spektrums seem to hold up better to abuse.

The important thing, however, is that they are indeed NOT made in China.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Lazer
My Feedback: (27)

Made in Taiwan is correct! This company also makes the Align servos. Most of the Savox servos I've sold out of our Hobby shop, here in Texas, are being used on 33% to 42% 3D planes and with no issues to date.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:47 AM
stevehookem
My Feedback: (2)

I'm using Savox 1258TG digital, coreless, titanium servos in my 30cc Aerowrks Extra 300. They are blazing fast. Maybe too fast for my skill level! haha Contact user here "bemeson" to purchase at a great price. He has a distributorship and regularly visits the factory. I thought it was in Hong Kong. hmmm.....

The finish and performance is unbeatable for this price. They do make (or are made by) Align. Ask the heli guys about them. Rock solid.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:06 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: stevehookem I'm using Savox 1258TG digital, coreless, titanium servos in my 30cc Aerowrks Extra 300. They are blazing fast. Maybe too fast for my skill level! haha Contact user here "bemeson" to purchase at a great price. He has a distributorship and regularly visits the factory. I thought it was in Hong Kong. hmmm.....he finish and performance is unbeatable for this price. They do make (or are made by) Align. Ask the heli guys about them. Rock solid.
As in post #2 &#8, Savox parent coy is Tricore (aka Align & Spektrum Digitals) a Taiwanese Business.
Align do not make any servos, Align is a reseller's brand name added like "Tower Hobbies" place their label on some Hitec &Futaba builtservos as per Inter Brand Compatibility post # 2 above.

Alan T.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:33 AM
jetster81

Before I go out and get some for my latest Jet project has anyone got any other feedback good or bad?, as I would appreciate it . They appear to be very good value for money,thanks
Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 AM
stevehookem
My Feedback: (2)

Fifty flights on my Aeroworks Extra 300. So far so good!