Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Battery Idea

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 04:24 AM
LiveToDrive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Idea

I have an eight cell battery holder that will fit in my 9CHP. I was thinking about buying a bunch of AA NIMH batteries since their so cheap on ebay that way I wouldn't have to worry about a dead transmitter ending a flying day. I read somewhere that NIMH batteries release corosive gasses and that's the only thing that is stopping me from doing so at this point. Anyone else heard this? What do you guys think?
Old 08-20-2003, 05:06 AM
Giant Scale

Default Battery Idea

I've got hi capacity nimh packs in all my transmitters. Never had a problem with them. If you are comfortable making battery packs I don't see a problem using them.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:23 AM
Lynx

Default Battery Idea

All batteries release corrosive gas. If they're overcharged to the point of absurdity =) NiMH's are perfectly safe and I haven't a clue why they still sell transmitter's with NiCad's considering the current drain of a transmitter NiMH's make more sense. They're lighter and higher capacity.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:26 AM
Gone to a Higher Plane
Banned

Default Battery Idea

I have Panasonic 1600mah NI-MH in my Tx and the things stays on 10.2 a long time...I make sure I don't over charge them as heat can really shorten the life span.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:06 PM
LiveToDrive

Default Battery Idea

What do you guys charge with? How long?
Old 08-20-2003, 05:59 PM
Gone to a Higher Plane
Banned

Default Battery Idea

I use the H9 field charger, it will charge Rx & Tx at the same time. The charger has progress lights on it so I have to watch and take the Tx off chagre before the pack starts dropping volts so as not to over charge the Tx batteries, then I put on a wall wart charger for a few hours. I bought single cell Ni-MH cells and made my own pack but you can buy a ready made pack with some very good Ni-Mh batteries for your brand Tx from several online battery sellers.