RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

jr service

Old 08-20-2003, 04:05 PM
slam1010
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

were do i send my jr radios for factory service thanks alan
Old 08-20-2003, 04:17 PM
Troy Newman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default JR Service

JR Service Center
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, IL 61822

They will take good care of you. The guys are great.

Troy Newman
Team JR
Old 08-20-2003, 05:18 PM
piper33

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

I don't think they are so great from my experience. I have email them three times over the last three weeks and I have received no response whatsoever.

I bet if I send them an email asking to buy a 10x they will respond.

Just my experience though.
Old 08-20-2003, 05:55 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

I've sent radios in for service/check up's several times and never had a problem. I always received my parts back faster than expected with cost out of my pocket also less than expected.

John
Old 08-20-2003, 05:58 PM
Troy Newman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

Whensmett.....Check your email
Old 08-21-2003, 12:53 AM
Aero330LX
My Feedback: (-1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default JR Service Is OUSTANDING!

I have sent equipment to Horizon Service (JR Service) for years and years, and out of all those years have never had a single complaint. I can't even think of anything that I could pick on. In fact they have never ceased to exceed my expectations. Those guys up there do very good work. If I had sent 3 mails without an answer, I would call them as I would expect I'm having e-mail troubles and my mails were not reaching them or their e-mails were not reaching me for some reason. Occasionally, there are always going to be problems in service with any business, but I can promise you that one toll free call will get things squared away with these guys and gals. The people up there have a service dept. that is second to none. I send all my equipment in yearly to have it checked like I stated earlier, and I wouldn't think of going anywhere else for service. I know it's done right, it's done in a reasonable time, and they have always been courteous and helpful to me.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:19 AM
smartman300
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

They have the best service of all the radio manufacturers, but they are a bit slow in my opinion. Futaba gear, regardless of the damage to be repaired, has a turnaround of less than 10 days.

JR usually takes around 2-3 weeks, but their services are well worth the wait.

Brian
Old 08-21-2003, 03:20 AM
Aero330LX

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

WOW! That long? Really? Last time I sent a new JR Tx. in to make sure it was in tune and aligned it took a whole 4 days before I was back in the air. The longest I have waited was 3 weeks right after X-mas one year when I sent in 18 servos, 2 rx.'s, tx., and forgot to charge it. They told me they were covered up...that is the time of year when everybody sends in their stuff to be checked out...no rush I said as I'm not in any hurry when my Radio is being worked on. It takes them however long it takes them to get it checked out. The amazing thing is the very small number of parts I have had to have replaiced, to have my equipment repaired...the JR gear lasts. Most of the time it's just an Ant. replace, and tuned and sent back to me AOK. I like that. I guess they can be like the Lonely Maytag Repairman if their not getting any crash damaged goods or yearly checkups. hehe
Old 08-21-2003, 02:43 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

The last time I sent a radio in to the JR Service Center, I was told I would have the radio back in 2 weeks. Imagine my surprise when I had a package waiting for me in 6 days! You can't get much better than that IMHO.

John
Old 08-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Jim_McIntyre

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

3 :thumbup: 's up

I've always had superior service from them.

In fact, I just received my PCM10 Rx back. repaired (one channel non functional), tuned and in a new case for $35 (incl. taxes) Canadian and in less than 3 weeks!

Same experience for my annual tranny tune-up.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:53 AM
Troy Newman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

I have whensmett taken care of...There was never any product that was in for service.

He was looking for a manual to a radio system that is no longer in production. I'm in the process of rounding one up for him right now....

As I said before the Service Horizon gives is top notch....and I think the people that have spoken here have confirmed it.

Thanks Guys

Troy Newman
Team JR
Old 08-22-2003, 02:07 PM
ml3456

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

They could be the model for great customer service!!

mark
Old 08-22-2003, 10:39 PM
slam1010
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

thanks for the help guys
Old 08-29-2003, 01:52 AM
Jesse-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

wow it is amazing how many times people send stuff in to get worked on. i think i rather put my stuff to use and fly than to send them in for years and years. well good luck with your decision and i hope you dont have to send anything in to get repaired. you might want to check Jr's new policy on warranties and worksmanship you might change your mind.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:31 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

wow it is amazing how many times people send stuff in to get worked on.

The last time I sent a radio is was when it had been mothballed for several years. I wanted to be sure it was still working properly and to have the coin cell battery replaced since it was nearly 10 years old. I myself don't find that to be excessive. In fact, it was a good thing I did send it in since a weak amplifier was found in the TX. It was replaced for about $5.00 IIRC.

i think i rather put my stuff to use and fly than to send them in for years and years.

Years and years? What are you talking about? I had my radio back in less than a week though I was originally told it would be two weeks.

well good luck with your decision and i hope you dont have to send anything in to get repaired. you might want to check Jr's new policy on warranties and worksmanship you might change your mind.

I just looked at the Horizon Hobby site as well as the 10X manual. Neither are out of line in any way nor is there anything in either one that should cause concern. The only question I would have is why the 10X manual states the warranty period is 365 days and the site says 3 years. Other than that, there is nothing to be worried about.

Care to explain your reason for doubt?

John
Old 08-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Troy Newman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 3 Years

JR Products have a 3 Year Warranty.

This is the longest in the industry. It speaks to the reliability of the product and the company that stands behind their products. Perhaps its a case that the manual has not been updated since the change tot he 3 yr warranty. But I assure you JR products have a 3 Yr warranty.

I fly a bunch....As in this year till now I'm approaching 27 cases of glow fuel just in practice. That's 4 gallons per case at just over 100 gallons. Since I can get about 9-10 flights a gallon....I'm approaching 1000 flights for the year. With this type of flying a competition pilot is hard on equipment. The JR 10X has been a supremely robust system for me. I on average have the gimbal pots changed every 2 years. This extreme amount of flying is the cause.

Just a note when I flew the Futaba 9Z I would have pot related issues about once a year. And if I didn't replace them every year I would have a problem in the middle of the contest season the next year.

Bottom line is things wear out. Both manufacturers have good products. The difference in my mind is the way you get treated when you radio gear needs service. We risk many 1000's of dollars on our models. This risk is in hope that a small little 3/4 Watt signal will reach the plane and tell it to do the right thing. Makes sense to me to send your equipment in and make sure all is working 100% at least every couple of years.

Troy Newman
Team JR
Old 08-29-2003, 05:04 PM
Jesse-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

well seems like all you Jr. fans have had good luck. and that is just great, more power to you. but when you spend $540 on servos to put in a $2500 airplane, by god they better be flaw less. well in my case they were not and so to say there went my airplane in bodybag and the last thing you want to hear is that the problem was the plane not the servos. well what do you expect to hear form Jr? they also told me that the warrany would not replace the servos. the warranty only covers worksmanship. hell it was not like i was asking them to replace my plane. i just wanted the damn sevos fixed so i can sell them to some Jr. fan.
Old 08-29-2003, 05:39 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

It's always better to give a little background information before making negative statements about a product or it's support. Your warranty states very plainly that it covers "materials and workmanship". Now, if you send in a box full of servos that have been in a crash, you are going to have to expect to talk to someone in a calm manner and convince them the problem is with the product, not the installation. It sounds to me like you need to get on the phone and escalate your way up the ladder until you find someone who can, and will, take care of you. I think if we were to take a poll, you would find there is at least one person on this forum with a similar story to tell about every manufacturer out there. I personally have had problems with both JR and Futaba servos, and in both cases, they were resolved to my satisfaction only after being told initially there was nothing wrong with them. A couple of phone calls later and I had replacement servos on their way to me.

John
Old 08-29-2003, 06:28 PM
Jesse-RCU

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

i understand what you are saying, but the thing is i let my hobby shop take care of it first since i bought the servos through them. after making various phone calls to horizon and yet no sign of willing ness to help i decided to call them myself, they try to make you feel like that your story is b.s. i asked them could it be possible that i just purchased a bad batch of servos, and the response was no they have never heard of any case like mine. now that sounded more like b.s. to me than anything else. anyways im not trying to justify myself to anyone, and loosing a customer will not hurt thier business one bit, but i will do my best to talk anyone i can out of buying Jr. and Jr. can bit on that. and far as warranty goes there in no part on the servo or the box that the servos come any information about what the warranty covers. there is no material what so ever. all it says 3 year warranty. i found out about the worksman ship after i talked to them on the phone. you should know that if you deal with Jr. like you say you do. and by talking to you, you sound like you work for Jr. or someting.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:10 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default jr service

No, I do not work for JR, but I have been a happy user of their products since I bought my first Century 7 radio nearly 14 years ago. I see a lot of messages where someone has a bad story to tell and further digging reveals the root cause of the problem to be different than was originally believed to be.

You should have demanded to talk to a manager.

BTW, how many bad servos are we talking about here and what was the symptom of the failure? Did all of the servos go out at once? If so, I'm betting it wasn't the fault of the servo but something else. RX possibly, maybe the switch, or could even have been the combination of the servos, RX, battery and/or switch.

John
Old 08-29-2003, 07:15 PM
Aero330LX

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hey Jess

First thing I would suggest is you lose the attitude. If you are polite with people they will be polite with you. Another thing I see is you need to learn how to spell JR! JR stands for Japan Radio as in THE Japan Radio. If you are gonna try to covince anyone to not buy JR equipment I can tell you that you are gonna have serious problems trying to do that. Most will probably laugh! JR is about Quality and if you crash an airplane, that is not the equipments fault. I have a feeling there is more to this story than the equipment was at fault even though I know it happens occasionally with any brand. I also know that these people do this every day and if the story held water they would probably rectify the situation. You care to tell us the rest of the story now? Nothing is flawless, and if you think there is anything out there in this hobby that is, you might want to take up knitting because it's much easier to swallow if you drop the needles. These planes are machines, and machines break. These machines are expensive. If you don't have the money to replace it, don't fly it. There is a famous saying in models that applies to anything and that saying is "If you're gonna fly them, you're gonna crash them." It matters not what the stuff cost. JR Gear is extremely reliable, and if you want to stay in this hobby you can't get better gear...period. You may be pissed becasue you lost an airplane and that's understandable, but not every crash is the equipments fault. It's usually the first thing that gets blamed though. I don't blame equipment! Here's an example...I just spent a year trying to prove that the MonoKote on my plane was NOT at fault, and I couldn't. It was a very rare occurance of bad MonoKote and they replaced it...you know why? Becasue I didn't lambast the product. I actually tried to prove that it WASN'T the fault of the product and exausted every known means to do so, but in the end that's what it was. The stuff we use today is THAT reliable. You're gonna have to come up with more than "JR crashed my plane" lets hear about why it did. I'd be very interested to hear the rest of this story. BTW, I don't work for JR...I just don't come on here bashing a product unless I got a damned good reason to do it, and so far I haven't found a reason to do that. The MonoKote deal I spoke of before was handled very professionally and I couldn't be more happy with their service. I have also dealt with JR and Horizon long enough with JR to know when something sounds fishy. They don't 'dis' their customers. That's not the way they work up there. If that stuff was not covered and still in the warranty period there was a reason. Why don't you come clean and tell us what that reason was?