Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Hitech Futaba Airtronics ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 10:52 PM
plasticjoe
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Hitech Futaba Airtronics ?

I have always heard chatter about many radio systems and how they work. I would like clarity about what works with what. Will JR transmitters work with Futaba receivers and vice versa ? Hitech and Futaba ? Futaba and Hitech ? One would think that if they are all on the same channel they would work, but do they ? I think alot of beginners would be interested and also the bargain shoppers would like to be sure they are getting compatable equipment when they find what they see as a good deal. Thanks for the info in advance !!
Old 12-22-2002, 12:41 AM
Rixter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Plastic Joe,
First of all, AM only works with AM, FM with FM and PCM with PCM. However, these systems will interfer with each other if on the same frequency.
I don't have much experience with AM, and I don't know how well different PCM systems inter-relate. I do know that JR and Airtronics FM transmitters and recievers (which are "positive shift") will "talk" to each other, as will Futaba, Hitec and Tower ("Negitive shift"). Also, Hitec makes a nice seven channel dual conversion receiver that is shift selectable (PN 23872 for 72mHz), so it will work with ANY FM receiver. Do not try to interchange different manufacturers crystals! (yes, SOME Hitec crystals will interchange with SOME Futaba and Tower equipment, but which ones?).
Any modern (three wire) servo will work with any modern receiver provided the wires (signal, positive and negative) are attached to the corresponding pins on the receiver. Maxx Products (MPI) puts a nice servo wire color chart on the back of thier conector and extention packages. Double check your connections before powering up the system. If there is a short circuit all the smoke will get out of the wires, and the darn things won't work without all the smoke! (yes, this is the voice of experiance).
Rixter
Old 12-24-2002, 02:12 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The older Airtronics gear will not plug into any other brand without switching wires and plugs. The new Airtronics "Z" will work with any brand out there. You can select positive, negitive shift and even PCM. THe connectors are the same as Jr, Hitec. Futaba needs the tab cut off and the corners rounded a little to work.

Dru.