Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Rare OS minitron Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 03:06 AM
parrishairx
My Feedback: (77)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rare OS minitron Radio System

I need some help in determining what this system might be valued at..It is a late 60's or early 70's ..All metal cases..Tx,model TX-II sp,Rec.model 5AR-S,Servo model S-103and Model S-104M. Tx has a leather case and have original instruction but in Japanese.. System is in Great Shape.... If anyone know where or who to talk with on this subject will be gratefully appreciated...Jim Parrish...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	103396_2727.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	58243  
Old 08-21-2003, 03:24 AM
blkbird68
My Feedback: (19)

Default Rare OS minitron Radio System

...I had one of those....in perfect shape. I gave it to a friend of mine that collected old radios of all types. I always wondered how valuable a radio I gave away...
Old 12-01-2004, 09:23 PM
PigMan Buggerus
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Rare OS minitron Radio System

I realize this is reviving and old thread, but I just came upon a box of very old radio gear, all of it new in box. There is a t least 1 minitron servo in there, did anyone ever find any info on the value of this stuff?

Thanks,
Allan
Old 02-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Robertofut

Well i have to ask the same question agian.

I recently got 2 OS minitron TX/RX from my fathers estate. But these appear to be different than the one you were descussing. Both are LIKE NEW condidtion in the original boxs. The two that i have are a set ( tx/rx) tx-6 ( 6 channel ) but the other is a slightly different ( older ? ) incased in blue anodized aluminum cases and is marked model TX-12sb ( 12 channel ) with matching rs-12 receiver ( both ) never used, never even had a battery in them.

Where do i find the value of these items for insurance reasons and possibly sale.

Thank you
Robert
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93255.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	226480   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40520.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	226481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61812.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	226482  
Old 02-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The only way to get any idea would be to check with an auction site to see if anything similar is being sold. That would give you some idea of asking prices or bid prices. Another place would be to frequent the "swap-shop" meetings at trade shows or different club functions and see what asking prices are. You'll likely many times find that asking prices are often higher than anyone's willing to pay.
There really isn't a "market" price on this stuff, like you'd be able to get for other types of antique/collectible items.

At this time, old R/C equipment, including electronics, engines, and such, is such a special-interest niche, there there really aren't any prices to go by. Your two old O.S. transmitters could be worth $50.00 apiece to a few hundred, but the only way to find out for sure is to make the items available for bid and see what you get. But then you'd be selling them.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:40 AM
jean-louis

Default OS Minitron

Hi, I am looking for a functional receiver and servos for OS Minitron transmitter. I am open to all offers . Thanks