RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Which JR PCM 10X Tx radio (heli or plane)?

Old 08-21-2003, 05:54 AM
Kaoma
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Which JR PCM 10X Tx radio (heli or plane)?

Since I'm new to flying, for the beginning I'd like to get into airplanes first and MAYBE later into helis as well .
I want a PCM 10X (no other radio), but which one should I get since the radios are "dedicated" and I get mixed info
-PCM 10X Heli will fly "some" airplanes with a lot of programing and servo set-up
-PCM 10X Air will fly ALL the airplanes BUT NO helis at all
Since I'm not sure about getting into helis (maybe) and will start with small planes first and the most go to Hangar 9 FuntanaS .40 (and hand/home made prototypes), which radio should I get ?. I don't want to end up with 2 radios, but in the same time I want a better range of choices.
If any of you have the 10X heli version and fly airplanes, are you limited in set-up choices ?...do you wish you had the 10X air one instead ?.
Please help with all the info you have (good and bad) about both versions of the 10X. Its not a cheap radio and need a lot of info before ending up with "buyer remorse" :stupid:

Thanks.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi,

I have the 10x airplane for my plane....I did fly chopper a few years back, and at that time I purchase the JR 10 radio just for Heli.

You can fly simple plane with the Heli version but reverse would difficult to adjust.....simple meaning that you lose some of the best feature ie; dual aileron servos, dual elevator servos, gear function, and of the the labeling would be for heli versus Airplane.

This is a lot of radio for a beginner, I would suggest a lower end.... until you make your mind of what type of flying you want to pursue!
Old 08-22-2003, 03:47 AM
Kaoma
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for all your help. If you don't mind, I have one last question:

- what I'm looking for is to be able to fly an airplane that has two sync servos for the elevator(s), one for the rudder, two for the ailerons and one for the motor throttle. If the 10X Heli can do this, then I will get the heli version.

Thank you.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:55 AM
Bill_Jehle
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

This is an address to the 10X heli manual. You can read all about it's capabilities. For what you want regarding airplanes, read about the standard and mulit-point mixes (codes 51 to 58).

http://heli.bastberget.no/Download/jr10X-manual.pdf