RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Multiplex will buddy box to any brand

Old 08-21-2003, 07:27 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default New Multiplex will buddy box to any brand

We have just realised that the new Multiplex Royal Evo with synthesiser should be able to be a buddy box master to any brand of slave, in N America Ernie at Mpx servicing will fit a shift switch so it should work there too. PPM only of course since PCM coding is unique to each brand but few beginners will have PCM Rx.

You need a lead to interconnect two different brand Txs - http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2t...h/tx2txgb1.htm

But that still leaves the problem that the servo sequence is different for each brand, no problem for most types of multiplex transmitter allow totally free assigning of the sequence in each model memory.

Next you need a bucket load of crystals to match all the beginners models (unless they are using synth receivers), and that is where the synth module available for the Evo but not for the Mpx Profis makes all the difference.

So the Evo can take over control of any model using any brand PPM radio on any frequency just by a few button presses, add the correct buddy lead for the beginner's Tx and off you go. Progress!

Harry
Old 08-21-2003, 01:09 PM
rorywquin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

And theoretically vise versa !
Old 08-21-2003, 02:42 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 12 channel

Does anyone in the US have a 12 channel Evo yet?
Old 08-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Harry, can the EVo be set up to take the student (slave) radio's input as "gimble-only", where the programmed mixing on the Evo is maintained and the student radio is only providing commands for the 4 main stick inputs?
Old 08-21-2003, 09:55 PM
HarryC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I don't know, and would you believe that I don't have an Evo in the house to try it out! The manual says nothing about it. However, the older Profi 4000 as a master definitely does do mixing at the master level and all mixing in the slave must be switched off if it exists at all. So Mpx is able to do it but whether they included it in the Evo I can't say. Maybe someone with an Evo to hand can try it for us?

H
Old 08-30-2003, 08:55 PM
HarryC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Volfy, re the master Tx preserving mixing. I have not been able to test it myself on the RE but the info now from 2 users is that yes, the Evo as master does as you asked. So you can hook up an absolute basic non-computer Tx as the slave, and the RE's mixing e.g. delta, Vtail etc will be applied to the slave.

Harry
Old 08-30-2003, 10:10 PM
blkbird68
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I wonder if the Evo can buddy up to a Stylus?? The Stylus doesn't make buddies easy.. It won't even buddy up to other Airtronics radios...just another Stylus. I guess it's just a little bit anti-social
Old 09-02-2003, 05:21 PM
Pilatus

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Does anyone know if the leads described at http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2t...h/tx2txgb7.htm
actually work? The MPX - Futaba lead are plain pin to pin leads even though Futaba is on 9.6volts and MPX is on 7.2 volts. To make it work the Evo has to change output voltage, framelength, and neutral sync! Is that what the "UNI" setting is doing?

I'm interested in connecting my Evo to Realflight and the available interface is Futaba.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:27 AM
HarryC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have heard from one person who has made the Mpx-Futaba lead and it worked. One of Britain's leading Mpx shops also shows a Futaba-Mpx lead on their website and it is plain pin to pin. www.modelspot.com/mpx/mpxradio.htm The different voltage is not an issue. And yes, the uni switch makes Mpx use the same centre as Futaba.

Harry
Old 09-03-2003, 07:34 AM
HarryC

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I don't know about the Stylus specifically, but if its buddy output is a PPM signal then the Evo or any Multiplex radio ought to be able to buddy to it. Maybe it uses an inverted signal like JR does, in which case it needs the more special lead that inverts the signal back to Futaba/Mpx direction. Note that this is a different thing to the FM shift problem in the USA. We are dealing here with the electrical PPM data before it gets to the radio section.

Harry
Old 09-03-2003, 07:37 AM
blkbird68
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think with the Stylus the problem will be that I think the two radios share info. when used in a buddy box arrangement.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:06 AM
rorywquin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally posted by Pilatus
Does anyone know if the leads described at http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2t...h/tx2txgb7.htm
actually work? The MPX - Futaba lead are plain pin to pin leads even though Futaba is on 9.6volts and MPX is on 7.2 volts. To make it work the Evo has to change output voltage, framelength, and neutral sync! Is that what the "UNI" setting is doing?

I'm interested in connecting my Evo to Realflight and the available interface is Futaba.

I made Oliviers set up and it works fine. Look on the e-zone radio discussion group for more info!

You must use the cable that does not supply power ! When you hook up, both sets must have batteries (and be swithced on obviously) and the pupil set must have the crystal removed!!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:57 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Mpx Evo Buddy Capability

Can anyone post a link or diagram to show the schematic for a buddy lead to suit a JR10X as master Tx; and Mpx RE12 as Pupil Tx?

I have a flying buddy who is a pattern guru. I'd love to learn to do some of the things he can do - we'll see.

fiery
Old 09-06-2003, 06:34 AM
olivier

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi,

Can anyone post a link or diagram to show the schematic for a buddy lead to suit a JR10X as master Tx; and Mpx RE12 as Pupil Tx?
Look at my website, chapter 7, drawing 7m-05 or 7m-06. Add a bridge between 3 and 5 (to activate output signal).
I have no idea what PPM-signal the JR is accepting/using (positive or negative). Nobody ever gave me any confirmation or info on this.
Nevertheless, you could do no harm first to try the simple drawing without signal-inverter. If this does not work, try the one with inverter. Still possible it does not work, but then I do not know why.
I know a case where a Multiplex 3030 as slave does work with a Futaba/Robbe FC18 as master, but NOT with a FF9/9C as master. Using a scope could reveal that the output signal of slave TX lost partly her signal when connected to the FF9/9C (check scope images here (text in Dutch) .

So just test it, without any risk. The invertor will cost you probably 1.5 USD/Euro.

Succes, and let me know if it works or not, this in order to update my website.
Olivier