Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Mixing radio equipment

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 03:24 PM
DaveJohansen
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixing radio equipment

Since I'm newbie I have a simple question. Does not flight pack IE (Receiver & Servo) have to be from the same manufacturer as the TX or can they be mixed?

Old 08-21-2003, 03:56 PM
daven
My Feedback: (1)

Default Mixed Components

I have mixed components since day one. The main issue is that the receiver is on the same shift as the transmitter.

I'm running Futaba Transmitters, with Hitec Receivers, and Jr Switches and Servos.
Old 08-21-2003, 04:06 PM
DaveJohansen

Default Re: Mixed Components

[B]....... The main issue is that the receiver is on the same shift as the transmitter.

What does it mean by same shift?

Dave
Old 08-21-2003, 07:30 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dave this only applies in North America including Canada, The four major manufacturers all use either a positive or negative modulation shift (most of the rest of the world all makes are positive shift.) They are: Futaba and Hitec negative shift, Airtronics and JR use positive shift.

The shift used makes absolutly no differance in performance but the RX used must be of the same shift as the TX with the followinf exceptions:

The better Computer radios have a feature called shift selectable that will allow you to use any brand or shift RX

Hitec and FMA have model Rx's that also have this feature and are switchable to use with any FM TX.

Aftermarket Hitec, FMA and a few others also offer most of their RX's with either shift and may be ordered for your TX.

In regards to PCM radios be aware there is no cross brand compatabilities and even no compatability within some brands between new and old systems.

Of course your new flight pack should be ordered with the channel number to match your Tx. An always use the same brand crystal as the Rx. In other words only use the crystal brand as the device it plugs into.

John
Old 08-21-2003, 08:01 PM
jtholley03
My Feedback: (4)

Default Shift etc

Shift
Futaba and Hitec are negative shift
JR , Airtonics and Multiplex are positive shift. Can't use one with the other but you can install a switch in Mulitplex to be able to control Futaba and Hitec Rx's.

I use MPX Profi 4000 Tx, JR Rx and JR and Futaba and Hitec servos.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:10 PM
DaveJohansen

Thanks for the info guys.

Dave