Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

European radio

Old 12-19-2011, 08:22 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default European radio

Hello!
How about the new Jeti 2,4Ghz radio! Thank god no chrome plastic transformer design! Just pure functionallity!
http://www.electricwingman.com/jeti-...ansmitter.aspx
Old 12-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Pippin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: European radio

It's Eastern European. It looks like a transformer in the process of transformation.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:04 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

check the trims guys, they're not @ the traditional location. you either love it or hate it, nothing in between
Old 12-19-2011, 02:10 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so what are the trims - those little collection of 4 buttons under each stick?

I'm assuming that this is primarily intended as a tray type radio, correct?

I don't even use a neckstrap, so a radio in a tray configuration just doesn't work for me.

My favorite radio over the years for trim location has been an old Proline custom competition radio with "crossed" trims. Crossing trims on a more modern radio just isn't quite the same, you still have to reach inside the stick to get to the trim lever for the throttle and elevator trims. The old proline had those in the top corners of the case, with the elevator trim readily accessible with your throttle thumb, the throttle with the elevator thumb..

Being able to get your hands on the aileron and elevator trims WITHOUT having to take your hands off the elevator/aileron stick (Mode 2) was sure nice for those first flights on a new airplane.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:41 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see new models of the Transmitter about every 6 months but they don't seem to be in production on any of the models.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Red B.

I am very excited about JETI's new series of transmitters. I am on the waiting list for one DS-16 and I am very much looking forward lay my hands on it :-)
According to the information available at this time, the transmitters (the "hand held" DS-16 and the tray version DC-16) will go on sale in early 2012.
Here in Europe JETI enjoys a very good reputation. The JETI transmitters are designed and will be manufactured in the Czech replublic, which is within the European Union.

The JETI transmitters belongs to the "all singing and dancing" category and while it may lack 2 channels, the S-BUS system and the 0.3 Mpixel camera of the Futaba 18MZ, its screen is mounted where it can be seen, i.e., above the neckstrap connector rather than below it and the indicated price, approx €1100-1200, is about half what I would expect to pay for an 18MZ. Also it sports a mangesium body and Hall effect sensor sticks.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:15 AM
Pippin

Somewhere I read it's an aluminium frame and some sort of plastic face. Since there is only a small market for Jeti, a very expensive casting mould was out of question.

Having the display on top has some advantages. But it's a pain when programming the transmitter/model since the buttons are on the other and of the Tx. IMOO, the best approach is having the display and programming buttons close together or a touch screen.

Also, if you like to use telemetry in flight, even looking at a display mounted on top can cost you a plane.