Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servo Problem - CEN TR4 w/ srm-102 servo

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 01:08 PM
Aterlatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Problem - CEN TR4 w/ srm-102 servo

Hi all,

I recently purchased a CEN TR4 RC Nitro Car. Being damned new to the nitro world (hell, I've never ever driven an RC with proper servos before, just the classic "toys") I've had the odd "bump" in my car.

The last bump I had seemed to cause more damage than a few scratches in my bodywork though

Basically, the throttle servo has been knocked right out. When you hit the brakes, the servo jumps clockwise to apply the brakes, as expected, but then it slowly starts reversing direction, opening the throttle! This cause me a bit of trouble driving it when I didn't realise what had happened - I tried to slow the thing down and it nearly took off!

Does anyone know if it's possible to re-program these servos? Or is it easier than that, do I just need to fiddle around with where the "head" sits on the servo itself?

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions are HUGELY appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve
Old 08-25-2003, 05:26 PM
Aterlatus

Well, full marks to CEN - their customer service is astounding

It does sound like my servo is fluffed though, so unless anyone has any other suggestions then I guess I'll have to go shopping tomorrow

Thanks all.

Steve
Old 08-26-2003, 02:31 PM
Aterlatus

Well, it turned out to be a duff transmitter if anyone else ever has the same problem.

Kudos to CEN for their excellent support though