RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Servo Programmer

Old 08-26-2003, 06:58 AM
matrix140

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hitec Servo Programmer

Hi

I have 3 Hitec 5945 servos linked together in a SWB aluminium servo tray. I am trying to programme all the servos to center and move exactly the same.

My problem is I program them to match each other, which is fine. Then I plug servo1 into Rud channel on my first reciever (JR 649S), then servo2 into Rud channel on my second reciever. Then when you power these servos up the centers move and the servos are no longer matched, the same also applies to the end points.

What am I doing wrong?? What can I do to fix it??

Thanks
Jonathan
Old 08-26-2003, 06:45 PM
sport10

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Hitec Servo Programmer

What you are doing is wrong you are seperating the rudder servos between two receivers. This is a big no no! Just think about the situation. If one receiver messes up and locks the servo then the others are going to be fighting it running down your battery and eventually stripping the servos on the good receiver. You have to seperate the control system to have some control if a reciever goes out. But, do not seperate the servos ganged to the same control surface. This is a no no. The way I seperate my control functions is: Receiver one: Left aileron, right elevator, throttle. Receiver two: right aileron, left elevator, choke. You can put the rudder on either one do not seperate between receivers. Might have to use a matchbox to connect all 3 servos to the same receiver. This would make it easier.