Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servos are twitching severely, Fut7C, R6106HFRX,DS410's

Old 01-11-2012, 03:54 AM
DeeJames

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Servos are twitching severely, Fut7C, R6106HFRX,DS410's

Once I figured where my align servos plug into my a futaba R6106HF receiver, they seemed to work somewhat normally. (except some reversing needed)....linked to my FASST 7C. Then, not exactly sure why, I switched my RX to Hi-Speed mode and now my DS 410's start twitching and throwing without any input by me into my 7C? As a matter of fact the only servo that responds properly is my Aileron.....my Elevator servo doesn't even respond at all, and rudder moves but literally seconds after input is made to my TX?...Please help.
How do I return my RX back to normal mode and being all inputs reponded this way initially, could it be just that? RX mode I mean?

Old 01-11-2012, 05:24 AM
pilotpete2

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Servos are twitching severely, Fut7C, R6106HFRX,DS410's

You can't run standard analog servos with the receiver in HS mode, only digital servos. Just follow the simple procedure to toggle the mode back to normal. I don't have the instructions handy, so you'll have to look it up if you don't have the directions.
Pete
Old 01-11-2012, 07:05 AM
TimBle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DeeJames

Once I figured where my align servos plug into my a futaba R6106HF receiver, they seemed to work somewhat normally. (except some reversing needed)....linked to my FASST 7C. Then, not exactly sure why, I switched my RX to Hi-Speed mode and now my DS 410's start twitching and throwing without any input by me into my 7C? As a matter of fact the only servo that responds properly is my Aileron.....my Elevator servo doesn't even respond at all, and rudder moves but literally seconds after input is made to my TX?...Please help.
How do I return my RX back to normal mode and being all inputs reponded this way initially, could it be just that? RX mode I mean?

To return it to normal mode make sure the Tx is off.
hold down the link button for more than 1 second. The Led will switch to red solid indicating normal mode.

Not sure why this is happening since the 7C is compatible with the R6106HF and the servo's are digital.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:04 PM
DeeJames

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question......but yes you are right it does return to solid but as soon as I turn the TX back on it starts blinking red and green again? 
Only after the initial bind it seems that the LED stayed solid? But I will try your recommendation again tomorrow. One last thing is, although my cyclic servos are digital, my tail servo is not. (???).    Thanks again man.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:40 PM
TimBle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

not a good idea to mix digital and analogue servo's on the R6106HF because in HS mode all 6 channels require DS servo's. 

I assume you are conducting this set up work at home and there are no other FASST Tx switched on within 10 meters of you?

Blinking red and green? I've never seen that mode. Solid Red/Green (sort of Orange)  indicates high speed mode is active. Could you post a video clip of what you're doing on YouTube and a link here?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:00 AM
DeeJames

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Using an iPad let me try the vid. But you are right about the orange, the blinking of red/green is only while initializing. Also there aren't any other FASST's around. I'm gonna try the holding of the set button with my Tx off and hope she stays red. 
Another problem while my servos are twitching out, my ESC will beep initially......then start beeping again while I try and fix the RX. So it's basically switching modes within the ESC as I try moving the awash with stick inputs while in HS mode. ???  Why would only the Aileron servo work proper and Elevator not at all?  Sorry Tim I'm bombarding you with all these questions, i do appreciate it.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:16 AM
TimBle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

no problem, would like to help you figure this out.

Remove all outputs from the receiver, especially the ESC.

Then follow the speed setting procedure with the Tx off.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:42 PM
DeeJames

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I can get my receiver to go to solid red as if in normal mode but as soon as I turn on my 7c the LED blinks red/green? More concerning is the Aileron and pitch servos respond to input regardless and ESC beeps as if initialized but the blades haven't even attempted to turn? Almost like the motor is not connected when it is. Granted its sat for quite q while but both my 35amp ESC and ALIGN 430L 3770 Kv motor are both brand new. I don't know what the hell????
Old 01-12-2012, 10:13 PM
TimBle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok I think it best to start again.

Remove the RX from the heli. suggest you connect the battery to  the RX via a switch to make it easier to toggle power on and off.

First re link the Rx
That requires you to first powgr up the TX, then hold the link button down and power up the rx. Only hold the button for about a second and release it. Light should now go solid green to indicate its linked and has received the ID.

power down the Tx and the Rx.

Hold down the Link button again and then power up the Rx. Hold the button for more than 2seconds and release. light should go Orange or Red, solid for a second and then start blinking (Tx is off remember). That indicates that its at least in a mode. If its Red, alls well. If its Orange then you're still in HS. 
Switch off the RX and then hold the link button down again while powering up the RX. Hold it for >2seconds and it should go Red solid for a second and then blink Red. 

Make sure you are holding the button down. Its very small and a bit sensitive to pressure so its possible to be releasing the button while still trying to set the Rx.

If this does not work then I'd suggest taking the Rx and TX to a Futaba dealer and have take a look. It could be a dud Rx.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:29 AM
DeeJames

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm gonna go get a switch today, thanks Tim. By the way, do you think my motor mot moving whatsoever is weird? Or b/c my RX set up is just wrong? The ESC does continuously beeps as If initializing over and over so maybe it's just the RX and ESC not binding?
Either way, thanks again for your time.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:12 AM
TimBle

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hmm Ok,

Like I suggested, best to get the RX working with the Tx without any servo's or ESC plugged.

Then before you plug in the ESC mkae sure the throttle channel is Reversed.
to access the REV menu hold down both the Mode and Select buttons simutaneously for a second.
REV comes up first.press the select key until "3" is flashing. it should  have the arrow next to normal. You want to reverse it so using the "+" "-" button on the right, press it toward "-" and the arrow will switch to "REV". The channel is now reversed.

Now plug in the ESC and do the set up. Make sure the throttle is at minimum when powering up.
On some ESC if you power up at max throttle it goes straight nto set up mode and that just leads to confusion unless you have  the ESC manual handy.
Yo can now set up the ESC.

The continuous beeping I suspect is because its in set up mode when you power up.