Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Corona R8FA 2.4Ghz Fasst Compatible Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 08:36 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corona R8FA 2.4Ghz Fasst Compatible Receiver

I posted a similar question in regards to using the cheaper/more expendable Orange Hobby King Fasst Compatible RX's in Combat Planes, they are not available but the Corona Fasst Compatible RX is available form Hobby King; any problems with these, just as good as the Orange Hobby King Fast RX's?

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:29 AM
Captain Terrific
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Corona R8FA 2.4Ghz Fasst Compatible Receiver

Did you ever get any information on these?
Old 02-26-2012, 07:29 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Didn't get any info specifically on the Corona RX, but plenty on the Hobby King Orange Fasst Compatible RX's; talked to some people who use the Orange RX's no issues, Hobby King finally got them in stock, I bought 3 of them and they are working without any problems as of yet.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Captain Terrific

My only concern about the orange rx's is they seem to be sensitive to temp. The Corona's don't appear to be so sensitive.

Dave
Old 02-26-2012, 08:47 AM
peso

Heat or cold?
/PO
Old 02-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Captain Terrific

Heat. this post from another thread

"Well I thought the same thing and ordered about 9 of the Orange receivers. I also buy a lot of other stuff from them. this time I think I got burned. I had one in my Ugly stick [Gas powered] and I lost it on the fourth flight of the day. I could not at first come up with an answer After the crash everything appeared to be working "normally". I had really liked the Orange receivers, as they worked or appeared to work fine with my 10C using the Futaba Module. I chalked it up to "Unknown Gremlins". About a week later I was at the field with my P-47 which had another Orange receiver in it. I flew the morning and had about three good flights with it. I was packing up about non and had to turn on the receiver to cycle the gear up for break down and discovered by accident what the problem really was. I fly in the southwest which in the summer is warm. The receiver in the p-47 cut out after it was on about 20-30 seconds. I verified this at least four times more with another pilot as a witness. Once it cut out the only way to get the system to work was to shut everything off. Just turning the transmitter off and on would not get it to work, the receiver had to be turned off and then it would again fail. I have traced the problem to be a heat problem. I verified this in my shop and found that ALL of my receivers would cut off at about 130o. This was on all my 9 receivers !!!!.. It does not take much sun on your plane to get it to 130o. It is like putting the receiver on an oven. Funny that although they say their Orange receiver is not a Futaba copy it sure also duplicates the exact problem Futaba had a few years ago, isn't that a coincidence !!! I checked the Orange results against Futaba receivers and also the Corona 8 Channel sold also by Hobby King. The Corona receivers never lost lock or shut down even when the temperature was 220o. Another friend who is also an RC Pilot has checked his Orange receiver in his shop and came up with the same results. So beware, the receivers look good but looks are not everything. I guess they would be OK to fly if you live in Alaska or Siberia or someplace where it is colder. I have since removed them all from my airplanes.. As a side note i tried to put some comments such as the ones above on the Hobby King web site under reviews and or discussions about the Orange receivers. Mysteriously they always have a software problem and it will never post. I guess their negative filters is better than their receivers. Again BEWARE they are not what they appear. "
Flashpilot