RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

eBay Idiots & Airtronics RX Active Channels

Old 08-26-2003, 01:24 PM
old-dude

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default eBay Idiots & Airtronics RX Active Channels

Hello from Sunny Arizona !! (Oops, time to take another shower)

Please, someone with a very loud voice, shout at those idiots that sell Airtronics 92765 Rx's on eBay and INSIST that they are seven channel Rx's "because the case has a plug marked B/7"

I've tried and tried to tell them that the fourth digit in the model number i.e. 9276 5 indicates the number of active channels for that model receiver. Another example .... a 9277 5 has seven active channels.

Yes, I'm still naive, even at 61 to think that one can help the 40% of Americans that are functionally illiterate.

old_dude
AMA213751
Old 08-26-2003, 02:15 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well good morning southerner, from the wilds of northern Az. and the home of the Mojave Green Rattler.

I certainly have been acused of being 'Functionally Illiterate' on a number of fronts in my life but still have enough smarts to stay away from Ebay.

Its interesting that in just the last month that I have been training two gentlemen who had sent their money for fantastic trainer packages and never received anything except silence.

I never sell anything, either use it to death or give it away and only buy used face to face. I suppose that kind of hardheaded thinking comes from being able to survive to become old.

John
Old 08-26-2003, 03:54 PM
greenboot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If someone puts junk on Ebay and makes money at it, and someone else buys it sight unseen and sends cash to a post office address; then which one is the idiot?

Personally, if the case is marked with seven channels, I wouldn't call anyone illiterate who thinks it has seven channels. For an "old dude" (your words), you know more about this stuff than I do. Now how am I going to remember it's the 4th digit?

And by the way, what does the third digit on a futaba servo mean???

Tom

PS: I know you old retired dudes in Arizona have nothing else to do when it's this hot out. We expect to get more than 6 posts in 4 months.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:29 PM
JohnBuckner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally posted by greenboot
If someone puts junk on Ebay and makes money at it, and someone else buys it sight unseen and sends cash to a post office address; then which one is the idiot?

PS: I know you old retired dudes in Arizona have nothing else to do when it's this hot out.

In a situation such as this it is not a question as to who is the 'Idiot' but to the thinking man the question would be which one is the unscrupulous criminal who by himself manages to do untold harm to the activity we all love so much.

To the contrary greenboot as far as nothing to do in the last eight years I have averaged around 345 trips to the field per year and just over one gallon of fuel per week and rarely fly anything over a displacement of .61. This morning starting 0600 included included one flight with my silly little spad combat ship, Two practice flights on the course with one of my Nelson/Q500 pylon ships (happy to say my times are impoving) and two flights with a student. Prior to eight years ago and my retirement I could only just dream about such total immersion in the joys, ever since my first successful RC flights in 1956 where I was actually able to ' remotely control' for a few commands before the airplane reverted to free flight.

Its a wonderful world out there greenboot enjoy it before the criminals and unscrupulous destroy it.

John
Old 08-26-2003, 07:02 PM
greenboot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just to clarify, I don't condone the misrepresentation of merchandise on ebay. But it is not illegal to sell junk. In fact, there is a legitimate market for it and Ebay is a great way to find cheap items which can be used for parts. It is the buyers responsibility to acertain the condition of an item. Buyers must also check references of a seller. If you don't and you get burned, at least you'll know better next time.

Tom
Old 08-26-2003, 08:39 PM
Thud_Driver

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Who's the Idiot???????

Originally posted by old-dude
Hello from Sunny Arizona !! (Oops, time to take another shower)

Please, someone with a very loud voice, shout at those idiots that sell Airtronics 92765 Rx's on eBay and INSIST that they are seven channel Rx's "because the case has a plug marked B/7"

I've tried and tried to tell them that the fourth digit in the model number i.e. 9276 5 indicates the number of active channels for that model receiver. Another example .... a 9277 5 has seven active channels.

Yes, I'm still naive, even at 61 to think that one can help the 40% of Americans that are functionally illiterate.

old_dude
AMA213751

Do some research! There are two receivers listed on Airtronics web site that do not follow that coding for channels nor does the 92765. Since I happen to have one (actually 2) of those receivers (92765) that I got with a 7Ch Vanguard system (yes 7 channels) and I happen to remember the MANUAL says to use a Y harness to get the 7th channel, I just went out in the garage and fired it up to check. Sure enough, the B/7 channel does in fact work as the 7th channel, just like always.

I just love RCU!!
Old 08-26-2003, 11:43 PM
blkbird68
My Feedback: (19)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yep it is a 7 channel Rx....now does this mean we that actually use Airtronics equipment should now be shouting at you old-dude??
Old 08-27-2003, 12:15 PM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I really hate to see large groups of people lumped together and referred to in any derogatory manner (eBay Idiots); I KNOW FOR A FACT that IS NOT TRUE of all eBay seller. I am not even sure that 40% of Americans are "functionally illiterate". I guess I just hate to see folk grouped together and degraded.
Yes, the 92765 was the 1991 compliant replacement receiver and its 7th channel did indeed work with Airtronics 7 channel tx's of the day (Championship Series and 7 channel Vanguards...flew them and used the 7th channel) so I would not call the 7th channel "an inactive" channel. I do not know if other tx's will "see" the 7th channel or not since i have never tried. The box that the 92765 rx was packaged is says "6 channel receiver". When I have sold 92765 rx's (on RCU or eBay, I have always listed and described it as an "Airtronics 92765 6 channel dual conversion FM receiver" as labeled on the box.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:19 PM
old-dude

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, you all could "shout at me" but you were kind instead as you pointed out my stupidity.

Please excuse me if I mumble..... you see I'm eating a "humble pie" which I richly deserve.

Thank you....

old_dude
AMA 213751