Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2.4Ghz Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:27 AM
holensum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4Ghz Compatibility

I am a noob looking to get my first plane. I have made the decision to get the E-Flite Apprentice 15e based on suggestion of my instructor because of the flight characteristicsANDbecause it comes with a Spektrum 2.4GHz radio. He uses a Spektrum radio, as most flyers in the club, and the radio carried a lot of weight in his recommendation. I might have gone with the Fly Zone Sensei because of the lower price point, but it comes with a Tatic radio. Cost is a big factor for me.

While the Apprentice would probably have been my final choice anyway, a big part of the decision was the included radio. Other similar planes were on the list, but all had to be eliminated because of the radio. So, my question I have is; is there a compatibility chart for the 2.4 spread spectrum radios, including buddy box compatibility? I have looked through this forum and didn't find anything. Of particular interest to me are the 5+ ch of the major players, Spektrum, JR, HiTech, Futaba, Tactic, etc. There is a big price spread among these brands and I think it would be beneficial for other noobs.

I know everyone has their own brand preference, so I would like to see just a compatibility chart with no reviews, except maybe the current MSRP.

Edit: Just found this, but it doesn't really answer my quesiton, http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...2964#post72964
Old 01-14-2012, 10:15 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: 2.4Ghz Compatibility

Spektrum and JR are compatable.

Everything else is pretty much compatable with itself as the 2.4 protocols are proprietary.

Hobby King cloned some of the systems so you can get cheap recievers for either Futaba or Sp/JR that IMO you get what you pay for.