Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec A9 and BNF?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 12:49 AM
dbarnes6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec A9 and BNF?

soI have a Hitec A9 and it's awsome. I love it! However I would really like to buy some of the BNFaircraft, and I was wondering if there is anyway I can get my A9 to bind toa BNF aircraft or if there is a spektrum module or something I can buy to make it bind. Anyone know anything about this or done it before?

Thanks

Danny
Old 01-16-2012, 12:28 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec A9 and BNF?

ORIGINAL: dbarnes6 soI have a Hitec A9 and it's awsome. I love it! However I would really like to buy some of the BNFaircraft, and I was wondering if there is anyway I can get my A9 to bind toa BNF aircraft or if there is a spektrum module or something I can buy to make it bind. Anyone know anything about this or done it before? Thanks Danny
Ex previous thread:
. "That would have to be a product Spektrum would make for the Aurora so I would say there
might be a .000000000001% chance that they would do that. - Brendan Lugo."

Spectra 2.4GHz module - Spektrum DIY Conversion Fly BNF's. with DM8 for MZ and DC/DC converter. Original article post #59

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers & Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 01-18-2012, 03:13 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a gently-used Hitec Optic 6 72Mhz radio system online specifically for converting to Spektrum DSM2 for use with BNF aircraft. I'm not a fan of the Spektrum DX5e or DX6i with regard to ergonomics, and this was an inexpensive option for getting a nice, comfortable radio with which to fly Horizon's BNF aircraft.

Alan has provided information about the Aurora 9 and Spektrum BNF technology. You might also read up on Hobbico's new Tx-R line of aircraft, it will offer Aurora 9 owners another line of "bind and fly" aircraft to enjoy."

http://www.tacticrc.com/tacj2000.html
Old 01-19-2012, 07:04 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: dbarnes6

so I have a Hitec A9 and it's awsome. I love it! However I would really like to buy some of the BNF aircraft, and I was wondering if there is anyway I can get my A9 to bind to a BNF aircraft or if there is a spektrum module or something I can buy to make it bind. Anyone know anything about this or done it before?
Hi Danny,

Yes, it's been done! Enjoy! Here's the full thread (rather lengthy):

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1147689

Andy