Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

running a dc motor from a servo

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 02:11 PM
bigford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running a dc motor from a servo

guys is there a plug in setup that i can wire a motor into a servo
to work the motor. instead of using a speed controler? this is for a r/c tank
to turn the turret. there is a motor built into the body, it work fine i just want
to control it from a servo
Old 01-25-2012, 03:45 PM
prichiuso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: running a dc motor from a servo

No, there's no way to control a motor directly from a reciever servo output. The three leads from the reciever output are a ground, + 5 volts and a signal output. The signal output is a pulse train that the servo electronics uses to determine where the servo arm should be. Instead of a speed control you could use a receiver controlled switch to turn the motor on or off. You won't have any speed control though. You might consider replacing the motor with a continuous rotation servo.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: running a dc motor from a servo

You might check with Servo City for what you are looking for. They can provide the continuous rotation servo or even a servo amp. that could feed a motor directly like you are asking about. They have all kinds of robotic and special app. servos and related parts.