Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Wanna Bypass Diode in New T6EXA HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 06:26 PM
nearmissbt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanna Bypass Diode in New T6EXA HELP PLEASE

Just purchased a new Futaba T6EXA system ( Yippie) and would like diagram and or picture of location to bypass charging diode. I recently found a great article on the process for the T6XA with a very clear picture and great explanation only I didn't write it down to go back to.
I don't want to tear into this new radio to locate the diode. I can recognize it and do the job just fine once I
know what area. It is such a pain to unplug the battery and cycle it and then reinstall it, especially when you have to remove the 4 screws on the back plate , pull the back loose being carefull not to disturb anything else, then pull the plug loose and feed it through the back. Futaba's design is lacking in this area. If anyone has a picture to send or post it would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks for your time
BOB
Old 08-23-2003, 08:44 PM

radicalrc.com has pictures to help!
Old 08-25-2003, 09:17 PM
avistar181

i have the T6XA as well but for this comment it doesn't really matterwhat transmitter you have. Why would you have to take the battery out fo the transmitte to cycle it when you can just turn on your transmitter and reciever switch harness and just let the battery drain overnight. thats what my frind does and his batts have lasted him 4-5 years. I mean, leaving the electronics on also draws current to the point where the battery will completely drain, right?
Old 08-31-2003, 11:50 PM
nearmissbt

[b] Thanks for the replys folks. I've emailed Sirius and should have reply soon. They have many diagrams and pictures that are very clear and this is the site I used for the bypass done on my T6XA. I prefer the ability to check the performance of my batteries before I get in the air. Just one time is all it takes for an out of control Pride and joy. Other methods may have functiond for other folks but I don't fly their planes.
Thanks again for your time
BOB[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]