Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

*** SERVO SUGGESTION? ***

Old 02-07-2012, 07:16 PM
k20_94_dc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *** SERVO SUGGESTION? ***

Hello all I'm looking to get a decent reasonably price quick servo. I have a mmp esc and I've read that the internal bec are weak so I'd like to stay away from a high voltage servo that would require a external bec. If I'm asking to much then steer me in the right direction lol I'm always willing to listen (read) other peoples opinions and experiences. I'm looking to stay around the $50 range give or take a few $ I know you have to pay to play! Thanks for the help everyone. Ps The servo will be used in a ofna hyper tt 1/10 truggy
Old 02-09-2012, 05:06 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: *** SERVO SUGGESTION? ***

for the $50 range I'd recommend the Hitec 5625. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUZ76&P=ML Not a huge Hitec Fan personally but probably the value for that range. about $45, Digital, metal gears, over 100oz. of torque, Significantly faster than a "standard" servo with plastic gears. shouldn't be a huge drain on your BEC. also comes with an aluminum servo horn as well. For RC cars, you have to pick if you want metal or plastic gears. some are only going so say metal, but remember that a RC car is going to hit stuff, and something is going to break eventually. having a weak link such as plastic servo gears that are quick and CHEAP to replace might be a good thing. personally I'd prefer metal. next price range up (70-80 bucks) would consider the Spektrum 6040 http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMSS6040 stronger, faster, titanium gears.
HTH,
Old 02-09-2012, 05:07 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I admit I have a dog in this hunt, but you might want to look at the Airtronics line.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:14 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: petec

I admit I have a dog in this hunt, but you might want to look at the Airtronics line.
I never think to think of them Which one??
Old 02-12-2012, 12:06 PM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It depends on what you you want in speed and torque at 4.8v. From leat to most expensive:
94842 plastic gear
94851 metal gear
The last two are basically the same except for gearing so sipped and torque are different, here is a link
http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...&price=1%2C100