Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

*** SERVO SUGGESTION? ***

Hello all I'm looking to get a decent reasonably price quick servo. I have a mmp esc and I've read that the internal bec are weak so I'd like to stay away from a high voltage servo that would require a external bec. If I'm asking to much then steer me in the right direction lol I'm always willing to listen (read) other peoples opinions and experiences. I'm looking to stay around the $50 range give or take a few $ I know you have to pay to play! Thanks for the help everyone. Ps The servo will be used in a ofna hyper tt 1/10 truggy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: *** SERVO SUGGESTION? ***

for the $50 range I'd recommend the Hitec 5625. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUZ76&P=ML Not a huge Hitec Fan personally but probably the value for that range. about $45, Digital, metal gears, over 100oz. of torque, Significantly faster than a "standard" servo with plastic gears. shouldn't be a huge drain on your BEC. also comes with an aluminum servo horn as well. For RC cars, you have to pick if you want metal or plastic gears. some are only going so say metal, but remember that a RC car is going to hit stuff, and something is going to break eventually. having a weak link such as plastic servo gears that are quick and CHEAP to replace might be a good thing. personally I'd prefer metal. next price range up (70-80 bucks) would consider the Spektrum 6040 http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMSS6040 stronger, faster, titanium gears.
    HTH,
    Contest Director for the AMA
    Grand Forks, North Dakota- Where time stands still but the air is always moving.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I admit I have a dog in this hunt, but you might want to look at the Airtronics line.
    Team YS, Team Airtronics
    Pattern Junkie, Revver Brother #82, Gear Head

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: petec

I admit I have a dog in this hunt, but you might want to look at the Airtronics line.
    I never think to think of them Which one??
    Contest Director for the AMA
    Grand Forks, North Dakota- Where time stands still but the air is always moving.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It depends on what you you want in speed and torque at 4.8v. From leat to most expensive:
    94842 plastic gear
    94851 metal gear
    The last two are basically the same except for gearing so sipped and torque are different, here is a link
    http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...&price=1%2C100
    Team YS, Team Airtronics
    Pattern Junkie, Revver Brother #82, Gear Head