Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba has been busy lately.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Futaba has been busy lately.....

A couple of newly announced S-FHSS items.

Appears Futaba is also making S-Bus available in this line.

Futaba 8JA 8-Channel 2.4GHz S-FHSS Air Radio System
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNBWGR&P=G

Futaba R2008SB 8-Channel 2.4GHz S-FHSS Receiver
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNBPKN&P=G

Anyone who thinks Futaba is behind any curve should think again!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93111.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1724694   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73033.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	1724695  
Old 02-08-2012, 01:13 PM
pilotpete2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba has been busy lately.....

I think there's gonna be a crowd at the Futaba booth at the WRAM show come the last weekend of this month[8D]
Pete
Old 02-08-2012, 06:46 PM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

ORIGINAL: Dick T.

The "other" brands need to catch up with their lame TX's, never mind the RX and servo technology that they are behind with. Not talking about simple entry level TX's here alone. Futaba has been ahead of the game for many years but people don't want to accept this as the marketing "spin" about newbie products & brands have them mesmerized. You want quality you will need to pay for it, unfortunately. The toy radio units available today far exceed the capabilities of the R/C units of a decade ago so there is not much differentiation at the entry levels. The functionality of Futaba higher and high-end transmitters available today blow all their competition out of the water. This is my 2c and I don't care if there are differing opinions. This is a free country and you can make your own choices.

Bliksem
Old 02-08-2012, 08:18 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: blikseme300

The ''other'' brands need to catch up with their lame TX's, never mind the RX and servo technology that they are behind with. Not talking about simple entry level TX's here alone. Futaba has been ahead of the game for many years but people don't want to accept this as the marketing ''spin'' about newbie products & brands have them mesmerized. You want quality you will need to pay for it, unfortunately. The toy radio units available today far exceed the capabilities of the R/C units of a decade ago so there is not much differentiation at the entry levels. The functionality of Futaba higher and high-end transmitters available today blow all their competition out of the water. This is my 2c and I don't care if there are differing opinions. This is a free country and you can make your own choices.

Bliksem
Because this is a Futaba thread, it is OK to be a Brand Zealot, but it is somewhat distant from the Truth.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Dave Harmon

[/quote]
Because this is a Futaba thread, it is OK to be a Brand Zealot, but it is somewhat distant from the Truth.
[/quote]

Not really.....Futaba has the R and D money so it's easy for them to stay ahead of the pack and not have to deal with the brownouts and whatever other problem(s) exist with lesser equipment.
Yeah, yeah....I know....brownouts don't happen anymore....right.
Sure...Futaba is more expensive.....have one crash with a browner and you will have spent more than you thought you had saved.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:37 AM
Pippin

Futaba S-FHSS is nothing new. Actually, Futaba follows other manufacturers in offering two 2.4GHz standards.

Also, the T8J should feature telemetry.

The T8J is a great looking radio. Unfortunately, it comes with S-FHSS without telemetry.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:05 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Dave Harmon

[/quote]

Not really.....Futaba has the R and D money so it's easy for them to stay ahead of the pack and not have to deal with the brownouts and whatever other problem(s) exist with lesser equipment.
Yeah, yeah....I know....brownouts don't happen anymore....right.
Sure...Futaba is more expensive.....have one crash with a browner and you will have spent more than you thought you had saved.
[/quote]
I used Futaba radios exclusively, from 1978 on up to the introduction of the 9CAP, and I was satisfied with the product. I became disenchanted with the 9C because the 9th channel was just a Switch and only worked with a more expensive PCM receiver. When the JR XP9303 was introduced, it had 9 Proportional channels in either PPM or PCM, there were 9 channel PPM and PCM receivers, it had Flaps on a Switch, it had 3 Flight Modes, and superior Programming options. When Spektrum introduced the 2.4 RF Module, I was able to jump into 2.4 technology and still have 9 Proportional channels, long before Futaba entered the 2.4 RC radio scene.

When Futaba came out with FASST, I was glad to see that they were taking 2.4 seriously, but my 9CAP could only use 8 channels with anyone's 2.4 module, including Futaba's FASST module, Futaba has since impressed me with their 8FG, 12, 14, and now 18 channel 2.4 offerings. They are every bit as competitive with any other RC radio manufacturer, but to say that Futaba 2.4 technology is Far Superior and Bulletproof is a bit Arrogant.

Any 2.4 receiver, no matter the manufacturer, can suffer a Brownout if the receiver battery voltage drops below Critical, even Futaba. The Spektrum Brownout issue was addressed with the Quick Connect firmware upgrade, some time ago. To pretend that Futaba radios cannot have Brownouts is inaccurate. All radios are susceptible. With fast Reboot times and the use of receiver batteries with adequate Voltage and Capacity has significantly reduced the chances of the occurrence of a Brownout.

I have been training RC students, all summer long, since 1979. Despite that fact that my RC club is primarily JR/Spektrum, I would not hesitate to recommend Futaba, Hitec, Airtronics, etc., as well, both at our flying field and on these forums.

I and my fellow RC club members have had Zero problems with JR/Spektrum 2.4 radios. The same is true with the other brands.

Beating ones chest and running down another manufacturer's product does no one any good. Be proud of the brand you prefer.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: Pippin
The T8J is a great looking radio. Unfortunately, it comes with S-FHSS without telemetry.
I know what you mean. I am extremely disappointed in how General motors does not offer the Corvette at the same price as the Cruze. I cannot understand why so many companies have these extensive product lines when it would be so much better if they simply put all the features of the higher priced items and charged the same price as the lower end items.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:40 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Bill,

You mean like Spektrum does? Compatibility from the lowliest DX4e and AR500 to the high-end DX18 or JR 12X and AR12110 for using the same and/or compatible protocols, even supporting telemetry with them all, even for JR guys, via the STi app for their cell phones...

Andy
Old 02-09-2012, 07:17 AM
Jezmo

Mr Harman, for the record, I have personally witnessed more of the highly R & D tested Futaba 2.4 receivers suffer heat failure than properly setup (yes I mean the correct battery with available capacity for the circuit being powered) 2.4 equipment from other manufacturers.

I also take note of the fact that I can have more for less as Andy so graciously pointed out by using the Spektrum line of radio equipment (high end features on low cost radios). I own more Futaba 2.4 radio equipment but spend most of the time flying with my Spektrum stuff. Go figure.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Dave Harmon

ORIGINAL: Jezmo

Mr Harman,
HAHAHA.....this is all so funny....Jezma, you must be a browner....HAW....BTW..it's Mr. Harmon.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Skaluf

The 8J web page is now live if you'd like a little more information on this system. It's a pretty nice radio, if you are coming to E-Fest we will be flying them there.

http://www.futabarc.com/systems/futk8100-8j/index.html

Steve
Old 02-09-2012, 01:39 PM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

Mr Harman,
HAHAHA.....this is all so funny....Jezma, you must be a browner....HAW....BTW..it's Mr. Harmon.
What's a browner?
Old 02-09-2012, 01:44 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Steve - looks like a nice radio. What sort of battery is the TX using? I assume the switches can be assigned, so you can put individual dual rates (elevator, aileron, rudder) on separate switches, right? Are the trim switches programmable also, so one could have crossed trims? Just wondering.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Andika

ORIGINAL: Skaluf

It's a pretty nice radio,
pretty nice rice for you right ?
any new computerized chinese radio is free upgradeable why not this one from Futaba... it's unbelievable today.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Jezmo

ORIGINAL: Hill202

Mr Harman,
What's a browner?
IMHO he's referring to a Spektrum Fan. He seems like a kid or an adult who forgot to grow up (notice that since I misspelled his name he decided to switch the "O" at the end of my name to an "A" Wow dude I'm duly impressed). As mentioned in my post I have both Futaba and Spektrum (also have Airtronics) but feel the better value comes from the Spektrum line so I guess that makes me a "Browner".
Old 02-10-2012, 10:50 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Skaluf

The 8J web page is now live if you'd like a little more information on this system. It's a pretty nice radio, if you are coming to E-Fest we will be flying them there.

http://www.futabarc.com/systems/futk8100-8j/index.html

Steve

Steve, any news on the Futaba Telemetry for 8FG. Robbe europe and Futaba are already showing the harware that works with 8FG sold in Europe. Anynews on whats happening with what Hobbico will be offering?

Old 02-10-2012, 03:39 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: blikseme300

The ''other'' brands need to catch up with their lame TX's, never mind the RX and servo technology that they are behind with. Not talking about simple entry level TX's here alone. Futaba has been ahead of the game for many years The functionality of Futaba higher and high-end transmitters available today blow all their competition out of the water. This is my 2c and I don't care if there are differing opinions. This is a free country and you can make your own choices.

Bliksem
Yep, just your opinion but, too bad it makes no sense, if it did, Futaba would be the only player selling high end equipment. Why would all the guys flying high end stuff that choose JR do so, when they could just as easily choose Futaba? Answer, because in their opinion, JR is a superior product.

Mike
Old 02-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Dick T.

My purpose in starting this thread was to inform folks of a new mid-priced, feature laden system coming from Futaba. I think they are hitting all the price and feature points in the radio marketplace very well.

Brand wars seem to be the norm here on RCU as many fellows get their knickers in a knot as soon as someone says they like brand A, B or C, etc.

Well get over it guys, buy and fly what you like and move past the mine is bigger than yours huffing and puffing.

I’ve been flying RC since the mid 60’s and owned radios many of you probably have never heard of. Some worked great, some were plain junk.

Today’s systems are a model of features and reliability not heard of even 20 years ago. Unfortunately the marketing race to outdo one another has brought some systems to market that weren’t quite ready which some customers paid heavily for. Fortunately the manufacturers stood behind their error and brought fixes on line quickly.

I am impressed with new systems entering our hobby marketplace and enjoy reading about working features and learning how others are putting them to use. If anyone feels it is wrong to inform others about something new in the market, I suggest they go to another thread or forum as I am not interested in reading about the size of one’s gonads.

Currently I own top end Futaba gear and mid-level Spektrum. I have owned JR PCM in the past but nothing in their 2.4 line up. It will be interesting to read about JR’s new DSMM line which is not DSM2/DSMX compatible and where that product line will find a home in the U.S.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:30 AM
ncsky

My purpose in starting this thread was to inform folks of a new mid-priced, feature laden system coming from Futaba. I think they are hitting all the price and feature points in the radio marketplace very well.

Brand wars seem to be the norm here on RCU as many fellows get their knickers in a knot as soon as someone says they like brand A, B or C, etc.

Well get over it guys, buy and fly what you like and move past the mine is bigger than yours huffing and puffing.

I’ve been flying RC since the mid 60’s and owned radios many of you probably have never heard of. Some worked great, some were plain junk.

Today’s systems are a model of features and reliability not heard of even 20 years ago. Unfortunately the marketing race to outdo one another has brought some systems to market that weren’t quite ready which some customers paid heavily for. Fortunately the manufacturers stood behind their error and brought fixes on line quickly.

I am impressed with new systems entering our hobby marketplace and enjoy reading about working features and learning how others are putting them to use. If anyone feels it is wrong to inform others about something new in the market, I suggest they go to another thread or forum as I am not interested in reading about the size of one’s gonads.

Currently I own top end Futaba gear and mid-level Spektrum. I have owned JR PCM in the past but nothing in their 2.4 line up. It will be interesting to read about JR’s new DSMM line which is not DSM2/DSMX compatible and where that product line will find a home in the U.S.
Very well said !
Old 02-11-2012, 06:31 AM
pilotpete2

+1,
"Just the facts Ma'am"
Well, the Futaba S-FHSS receivers are very attractively priced when compared to the competitions, and it's only a matter of time until orange clones are available.
Pete
Old 03-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Fs one

I used to be a futaba guy.I still have 4 tx sitting here in my shop.I had purchased a 6exa futaba in my second year of using it,by the way this is the
megahertz version i had 2 hits at the field i was flying at.Fortunately i was able to get my plane back to earth safely.I brought my equipment back to the campground where i am a seasonal camper.Took my plane out behind my trailer turned my equipment on no problem for the first 3 minutes then all of a sudden my rudder.ailerons,elevator were all twitching.At that point i had enough i decided to go to 2.4.I left Futaba went with Spektrum and have never looked back The DX7 has worked flawlessly never had a single glitch.I am in my 4th year of using it.I know some guy;s who fly copter and planes that have had no issues at all! No brand bashing here just telling the facts.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:21 PM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

Man, you guys are hard core over on this forum! Instead of *****in' and moaning about which radio is better, we should be *****in' and moaning about how crappy RCU has gotten! then maybe the owners will do something about the server issues/problems![:@]
My .02

Z
Old 03-06-2012, 12:04 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Fs one

I used to be a futaba guy.I still have 4 tx sitting here in my shop.I had purchased a 6exa futaba in my second year of using it,by the way this is the
megahertz version i had 2 hits at the field i was flying at.Fortunately i was able to get my plane back to earth safely.I brought my equipment back to the campground where i am a seasonal camper.Took my planeout behind my trailer turned my equipment on no problem for the first 3 minutes then all of a sudden my rudder.ailerons,elevator were all twitching.At that point i had enough i decided to go to 2.4.I left Futaba went with Spektrum and have never looked back The DX7 has worked flawlessly never had a single glitch.I am in my 4th year of using it.I know some guy;s who fly copter and planes that have had no issues at all! No brand bashing here just telling the facts.

Interesting...

Mhz radio's are prone to glitching in high rf traffic environments. Thats why folk prefer 2.4GHz radio's....

Old 03-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Dick T.

ORIGINAL: jzuniga

Man, you guys are hard core over on this forum! Instead of *****in' and moaning about which radio is better, we should be *****in' and moaning about how crappy RCU has gotten! then maybe the owners will do something about the server issues/problems![:@]
My .02

Z
I am in full agreement, this site is heading downhill rapidly. I spend more time on other sites now and will begin telling advertisers so.

Months ago I started a thread questioning RCU's obvious issues but chalked it up to migration problems by the new owner. It appears now, as well as then, they really don't care enough, at a minimum, to post a sticky outlining the problems and what they plan to do.

99% of the web sites I visit work smoothly and properly...then there is RCU. It used to be the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.