Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Is my RX system faulty ?

Old 02-12-2012, 02:48 PM
reaper7534

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my RX system faulty ?

I have a Spektrum DX3C with SR300 receiver that is less than a month old. The other night I was at the local track and everything was fine for about a hour when I lost steering. I checked all my wires and they seemed fine so I though my servo may have went out ( this whole build is less than a month old ). I ended up swapping the throttle and steering ports on the receiver and then the steering worked fine off of the throttle control, but of course the throttle was dead. Another race put his Specktrum receiver in and i worked fine, so we narrowed it down to a fault receiver.

I take the receiver to the LHS, he binds it to a controller and it works. What the hell. He suggested a purchase a Spektrum capacitor as this may have been the issue. I get home and hook the receiver again and I have nothing, just to try it out, I reset all of my transmitter settings back to default and then I had steering !! Figured it must have been some wierd setting in my transmitter causing a issue. I changed the travel settings and all was good.

Hit the track today, raced for about a hour and it stopped steering again. Reset the transmitter again and it works fine. Overheating issue ?

Has anyone experienced something like this ? Kind of annoying and not the way I want it. Here are my specs.

RC8Be
Tekin RX8 w/ 1900kv motor ( no external BEC )
Spektrum DX3C w/ SR300 receiver
GensAce 5000 mah 4s Lipo
AE DS1013 servo