Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Will airtronics servos work with Hitec plug RX

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 02:52 AM
adamtheace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will airtronics servos work with Hitec plug RX

I have a RD 6000 so shift isnt an issue. I have a plane with airtronics servos if i buy a hitec rx made for hitec plugs will the airs plug in. I know each rx company make specific plug rxrs but im looking at a used one that is for hitec servos.
Old 08-28-2003, 05:10 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Currently Hitecs (S) plug, Airtonics (Z) plug which is the blue one and JR's plug are all interchangeable with no Modification and the same polarity. Completely interchangeable. Futaba is also 'if' the tab on there servo plug is removed.

So if your Airtronics servos have the blue 'Z' plug then yes they will plug right into the hitec Rx and work well. If your servos are the old style Airtronics with the black plug and three splines on it then no it will not. They can be made to work with some creative dremel work to remove the three splines but most importantly reverse the positive and negative leads on the plug which were opposite of everybody else.

John
Old 08-28-2003, 10:53 AM
adamtheace

Thanks thats what I thought but wasnt sure.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:04 PM
strato911

Since you didn't mention the age of the Airtronics servos in question, they may have the classic connector, which doesn't fit anyone elses receiver. They can be modified to fit, and the wires need to be re-arranged to match for funtionality, but it can be done.

Here's a picture I compiled a while ago to help clarify. It shows all the popular servo connector ends, and labels what each wire is for. I suggest you print it out (in color of course), and post it by your hobby table.