Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Are the smaller HexTronic 5g servo's as perfect as the 9gram Hextronic?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 09:48 PM
GizmoMadMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are the smaller HexTronic 5g servo's as perfect as the 9gram Hextronic?

I may have only tried 1 or 2 of the HexTronic 5gram servo's the past year or so, but not even sure, I have mainly used Hitec HS-55 and

HexTronic 9Gram servo's, and they both work great, altough I have stripped many HS-55 servo's, but so far no Hextronic 9g gears have been stripped!!!

Also, Is the TowerPro 5gram servo the same servo and manufacturer of the Hextronic 5g servo?

Thank you in advance for the tech insight!!!
Cheers

Old 03-15-2012, 09:53 PM
jlingrel

Default RE: Are the smaller HexTronic 5g servo's as perfect as the 9gram Hextronic?

Go to www.rcmodelreviews.com/mg995review.shtml and see what is said there. Tower looses on quality and performance

John
Old 03-15-2012, 10:12 PM
GizmoMadMax

Default RE: Are the smaller HexTronic 5g servo's as perfect as the 9gram Hextronic?

Thanks for the reply, although the review is for the specific metal gear servo, TowerPro/Hextronic MG995 servo, but NOT for ALL hextronic and TowerPro servos?

We wanted to find out if the specific Hextronic 5gram servo is as good and bullet proof as the Hextronic 9 gram servo?

ORIGINAL: jlingrel

Go to www.rcmodelreviews.com/mg995review.shtml and see what is said there. Tower looses on quality and performance

John
Old 03-17-2012, 06:34 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been using the 5 gram in two planes for about 6 months. No idea how many flights, but so far so good. No stripped gears or any change in the servo's.

Buzz.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Mikecam

I've used lots of the 5 and 9 gram Hex servo's and have not have any fail or strip, and I've put them in hard many times. I still have 2 sets of gears for each when I first bought them and still have them. I've traded planes with a friend with all the rimfire, CC, HS-55 set up and I can't tell the difference. He was surprised as any my HK $25 6 ounce setups were as good as his name brand stuff.