Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Flysky gt3B worth buying?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 05:57 AM
Blowerz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flysky gt3B worth buying?

I currently run a hpi mt2 and am bored of running after it when the fail safe kicks in to get reception back what is everyone's opinion on this receiver transmitter? Is it worth it for bashing?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flysky-FS-...item43ae14570c
Old 03-21-2012, 06:35 AM
porterdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flysky gt3B worth buying?

I have one, and I'd say the answer depends on your budget. For the price it's hard to beat, great range, good features. At the same time the underlying engineering is odd to say the least. On our side of the pond an entire cottage industry has sprung up to modify these into the radio you really want.

On mine I swapped out the voltage regulator ($10 part, mebbe an hour time if you get it right the first time ) to improve battery life (drastically) on AA and/or allow the use of LiPo TX packs. I want but haven't yet gotten the firmware updated (~$20), because the stock stuff is s h i t e. Example 1: Expo is useless in stock form. Example 2: Throttle neutral isn't the same from 'model' to 'model' (Means that if I calibrate my truck's ESC to the FS when it's set to my model (1, naturally!) it might not be quite correctly calibrated when I switch to my son's model).

For the money I can't complain too bitterly, and $7 rxs are nice. At the same time, I wish I'd spent $100 on an Airtronics MX Sport instead.

There are long threads at RC Tech on this radio and corresponding updates. HTH!