Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New 2.4 8FG receiver question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 06:05 AM
Jsbrittain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2.4 8FG receiver question

I'm new to the 2.4 radios, I have the Futaba 8fg and I see guys at my club flying Spectrum. They are flying 30 & 50cc planes and they both have remote antennas hooked up to they're receivers.

I have installed my stuff in a 73" CAP 232 w/ OS 1.60 nitro will I need a remote antenna or is this a Spectum thing?
Old 03-22-2012, 06:37 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New 2.4 8FG receiver question

ORIGINAL: Jsbrittain

I'm new to the 2.4 radios, I have the Futaba 8fg and I see guys at my club flying Spectrum. They are flying 30 & 50cc planes and they both have remote antennas hooked up to they're receivers.

I have installed my stuff in a 73'' CAP 232 w/ OS 1.60 nitro will I need a remote antenna or is this a Spectum thing?
Remote Receivers are provided with JR/Spektrum 2.4 receivers. Depending upon the model receiver, there may be anywhere from 1-4 Remote receivers. You will not find them on Futaba, Hitec, or Airtronics. For JR/Spektrum, they are required to Bind, however, if they fail in flight, the main receiver will still function.

They provide extra security in case the signal is blocked or interfered with. There is also a Flight Logger tool that can Detect and Display data such as Antenna Fades, Frame Losses, and Holds (Failsafe Events), to help analyze the operation of the receivers.

I see them as an advantage rather than an inconvenience.

They are not required for Futaba receivers and there is no provision to add them.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:59 AM
Jsbrittain

Cool thanx Rich
Old 03-22-2012, 09:43 AM
DougV

ORIGINAL: Jsbrittain

I have installed my stuff in a 73'' CAP 232 w/ OS 1.60 nitro will I need a remote antenna or is this a Spectum thing?
All you need is the 2 Futaba antennas at 90* and you are done! go fly.

Doug.