Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FlySky FS-GT3B

Old 03-25-2012, 02:08 AM
RC18Turb0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FlySky FS-GT3B

I would like to get some opinions on this following unit, the FlySky FS-GT3B if anyone has one.

Just to get you up to speed:

"
AFHDS (automatic frequency hopping digital system), is developed by FLYSKY for all the Radio Control model lovers and is patented by FLYSKY at home. The system is specially developed for all the Radio control models, that offers super active and passive anti-jamming capabilities, very low power consumption and high receiver sensitivity. With extreme rigorous testing by engineers and studying the markets for years, FLYSKY AFHDS is now considered to be the one of the best systems available in the market.
Key Features[/b]
- Model Memory
- Servos NOR/REV
- Steering Trim
- Throttle Trim
- Dual Rate
- End Point
- ABS Settings
- EXP Settings
- Trainer Port (for VRC)
- CE & FCC certified

Specification[/b]
- Channels : 3 Channels
- Model type : car/boat
- RF range : 2.40-2.48GHz
- Bandwidth : 500Hz
- Band : 160
- RF power : less than 20DB
- 2.4G system : AFHDS
- Code type : GFSK
- Sensitivity : 1024
- Low voltage warning : yes(less than 9V)
- DSC por t: yes(3.5mmutput:PPM)
- ST range : 90
- TH range : 45(F:30;B:15)
- Charger port : yes
- Power : 12V DC(1.5AA*8)
- Weight : 328g
- ANT length : 26mm
- Size : 159 x 99 x 315mm
- Color : black
- Certificate : CE,FCC

Includes :[/b]
- 1 x 2.4Ghz transmitter
- 1 x 2.4Ghz Receiver
- 1 x Bind Plug"

I am looking for an upgrade for my RC18t, it currently has a Futaba 2-ch AM system and I want something a little more current. To be honest I wasn't even thinking of upgrading because the current setup I have no works just fine, but after seeing the price for that 2.4GHz 3-ch system, I figured what the heck, why not.

So is it any good, or is it to cheap (both literally and figuratively?)
Old 04-17-2012, 06:05 AM
rcmodelland
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: FlySky FS-GT3B

you can get more information: http://www.rcecho.com/FS-RC-Model-FS...ver-TS898.html
Old 04-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Tobtech
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would image you are looking for some user feedback and not just the specs from the web[8D]. A couple of guys at the track where my kids and I drive use them and they look pretty good for the money. I would give it a try.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:58 PM
porterdog

I have one and wish I would have bought an MXSport or better.

It works ok; it was cheap and the range is pretty amazing.  Also the receivers are crazy cheap (like less than $10 cheap).   But....

1.  Battery life with the stock setup is dreadful.   2-3 hours before the uber-annoying warning starts up.  You can fix that; buy a new voltage regulator from Mouser (~$10), remove the stocker, solder in the new.   Take you maybe an hour including getting out your tools, but beware you don't sever the antenna wire like I, I mean my friend, did, 'cause then your range will be about 18' and you might spend an hour or two getting that straightened out.

2.  Stock firmware is crazy bad.   The expo setting doesn't really work, but worse than that is that adjustment of one setting will throw another setting off.   I run the throttle EPA at 100% when I'm driving, but when I let my 4 yo drive I turn both forward and reverse down to ~25%.   Fine, right?  Except that when you lower the reverse epa it moves the freaking neutral point.  ***, over?!   I drop REV down and my Slash starts to cog like you're pressing the accelerator 0.01%, which wouldn't be that big of a deal except that then Reverse doesn't work at all.   This too is fixable; some way-smarter-than-me user figured out the firmware and now there are updates available.  You can either buy the programming gear yourself or send it to someone to have it done.  Either way, it'll probably cost $30 to do, and now you've got about $80 into a cheap Chinese radio with no factory support...

Not that impressed, but plenty of people love them.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Johnnysplits

This system has already been revised...now you can get a FS-GT3C seems to be a bit better than the B All the silver ones are out of stock...can only get the orange ones at the moment...im waiting to get a silver one!!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:36 AM
rcmodelland
My Feedback: (14)

the 2012 latest model is gt3c, the color is very sharp. but i haven't try this transmitter before.
you can get the information on: http://www.rcecho.com/FLYSKY-RC-Mode...ver-TS897.html
Old 11-15-2013, 03:29 AM
pjwright

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not so good for boats?

I thought I might use this to replace the system in my Aquacraft Reef Racer 2, which, like many boats, uses a brushed motor. Therefore needed a brushed motor ESC. Turnigy makes one for this application, but it has no reverse function (primarily for airplanes). Therefore, the ESC sees the GT3B throttle as running continuously from full reverse to full forward - so the default "null" position on the Tx throttle trigger applies current to the motor. The end point and trim adjustments do not appear to have enough range to neutralize the "reverse" range on the throttle, bringing the end point down to the "null" position. And mechanically, there's no way to simply move the throttle spring to hold the throttle all the way in reverse as its starting point, which would make it work for the boat.

Options are to buy a Viper brushed ESC for boats, or replaced the brushed motor with brushless and use a Hobbywing boat ESC. The former is the simplest, and both mods would run about $30.

Anyone have a suggestion on programming or modifying the Tx to avoid more investment on an otherwise cheap-o boat?

PJ