Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Ye Haw now my tranny's talking back to me

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 03:15 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Ye Haw now my tranny's talking back to me

Well surprise, surprise after a year on back order at Tower I finally got my HTS Voice. Just a few days ago and this little widget is very cool and its a sexy female voice, just like I told the fellows at the Hitec booth during the Ontario show I sure don,t want some guys voice in my radio if it was gonna be talking back to me

I am still figuring it out but so far for on board battery report I like the fifty second mode (Hmm chatter mode is kinda cool). It sure does freak out the fellows standing nearby if they don,t know. Been using it for the last four days now.

As far as the speed and altitude etc. goes that will have to wait untill I pull out my XC ship which has the full on board telemetry installed.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64316.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1744579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92271.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	1744580  
Old 03-30-2012, 12:01 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ye Haw now my tranny's talking back to me

ORIGINAL: JohnBuckner Well surprise, surprise after a year on back order at Tower I finally got my HTS Voice. Just a few days ago and this little widget is very cool and its a sexy female voice, just like I told the fellows at the Hitec booth during the Ontario show I sure don,t want some guys voice in my radio if it was gonna be talking back to me. am still figuring it out but so far for on board battery report I like the fifty second mode (Hmm chatter mode is kinda cool). It sure does freak out the fellows standing nearby if they don,t know. Been using it for the last four days now. As far as the speed and altitude etc. goes that will have to wait untill I pull out my XC ship which has the full on board telemetry installed. John
Voice relative altitude

Addendum to HTS-Voice manual:
To read out relative altitude and not actual.
When it is speaking the altitude (on the ground,) push the function button
it will reset the altitude to zero.

Alan T.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:36 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you A.T. as usual your imput is welcome. I am aware that the altitude information is as in full scale speak, in fact AGL and not MSL and just as we always had to do with barometrics is set them before takeoff.

OK now This thing has presented a new problem and one that hitec did not provide any warning about whatsoever. After a week of using this thing even just for onboard battery reports it seems all the gentlemen with not much better to do and minions of the peanut gallery now tend to hang close around my station when I fly. All just waiting for the next report with baited breath from the sexy voice inside my Tx! Would not be surprised if some are even making book on the when the next .1 voltage drop is reported.

This is quite a distraction as you can imagine, The minions and hecklers not the sexy lady. Makes it hard to fly

What I need to do is find a clever name for the lady within. So I am open for suggestions what would be a good name for the mystery lady?

John
Old 03-31-2012, 07:16 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Full-scale her name is "Bi***en Betty"

Andy
Old 04-01-2012, 06:19 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

They usually do that when you remove the gag.