Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Walkera Radio Question

Hi all I am looking at a Walkera Devo 7 Devention radio. I have never bought a RX/TX before only used the ones that came with RTF models. Can this radio and receiver be used with ANY aircraft even if it is a home built Gas Airplane? We are building a large craft to learn gas flying it has a Ryobi 31cc motor on it and the kit needs 5 servos. I do not know how to choose a RX/TX in all honesty at all, I saw this radio with 2 receivers for dirt cheap to get us started and didn't know if it would only work with Walkera craft, or anything you want.

Thanks for your time, we do not have a lot of money and I figured the Radio with 2 Receivers for 70$ was a great deal, but only if it will work for anything we put it in and be programmed for it ect.

I hope you all understand what I am asking I am dog tired and sick.

Thanks for the help

CTSmithey
    Main Build Log page on RC Airboat World: http://www.rcairboats.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2364

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Walkera Radio Question

You may search in Google with Walkera Devo 7 Devention radio keyword.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: aymanbinmoshi

You may search in Google with Walkera Devo 7 Devention radio keyword.
    I did, or I would not ask here...... There is NOinfo stating you can use it for custom setups that I read in 25+ sites about it. Everything fell back to the craft they had being a Walkera....

Did ya joing just to try and troll me or something? lol

Main Build Log page on RC Airboat World: http://www.rcairboats.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2364

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The purpose of having individual receivers is so you can put them in anything. Transmitters control receivers that have individual channels for servos. How you hook the servos up determine what it's controlling. Now some of the more inexpensive have limits for range. I've never heard of the brand, but personally I would not be controlling my gas models with something so inexpensive. If I have over a $1,000 in an airframe I'm not trusting $80 to control it.
    John
    Have desk ... Will Fly.... Saito Member #467
    Ultimate Brotherhood #11, Ultra Sport Brotherhood #90

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JNorton

The purpose of having individual receivers is so you can put them in anything. Transmitters control receivers that have individual channels for servos. How you hook the servos up determine what it's controlling. Now some of the more inexpensive have limits for range. I've never heard of the brand, but personally I would not be controlling my gas models with something so inexpensive. If I have over a $1,000 in an airframe I'm not trusting $80 to control it.
    John
    Ya know buddy, I never thought of it that way you are totally rite LOL! being disabled tho I have very limited funds and guess I am just getting anxious to get up there and fly! lol! What is a good RX/TX you would recomend for a starter, it needs to be at least 6 channel.

Thanks for your input there JNorton, Iapprecaite it

CTSmithey

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: CTSmithey

John
    Ya know buddy, I never thought of it that way you are totally rite LOL! being disabled tho I have very limited funds and guess I am just getting anxious to get up there and fly! lol! What is a good RX/TX you would recomend for a starter, it needs to be at least 6 channel.

Thanks for your input there JNorton, IΒ*apprecaite it

CTSmithey

If cost is important, take a look at Hobby King. They have some very inexpensive radios that might meet your needs. It is important to understand the difference between Short Range and Long Range receivers. I fly my gas planes out as far as 1500 feet, so I need Long Range receivers. I would guess you would as well.
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

John

CTSmithey

If cost is important, take a look at Hobby King. They have some very inexpensive radios that might meet your needs. It is important to understand the difference between Short Range and Long Range receivers. I fly my gas planes out as far as 1500 feet, so I need Long Range receivers. I would guess you would as well.
    Thank you there BuschBarber.
    What would be good radio then for us to start with? Lets say we have about 200$? That would be probably what I could start with there. Is there anyone of them out there that you all think would be good for us?

Thanks again!
    CT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

John

CTSmithey

I started out with a 72MHz Futaba 6XAS. I would be looking at a Hitec Optic 6 or Airtronics .
    http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...ima-7-rxs.html
    http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...o-w-rx600.html
    I know people on the Internet are having good luck with some Hobby King radios but I do not have any experience with them. No one in my club flys them. Somebody will help you out I'm sure.
    John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've owned a Futaba 6XAS, Hitec Laser 4 and 6, Polk Hobby Tracker II and have just purchased a Hitec Aurora 9 so I haven't always stayed with the name brands. I have however always stayed with something that got good reviews. I think that is really important. I purchased the Futaba as my first transmitter cause that was the brand the guys at the field were flying so it was easy for them to buddy box it. That is also an important consideration if you are just learning to fly.

John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've owned a Futaba 6XAS, Hitec Laser 4 and 6, Polk Hobby Tracker II and have just purchased a Hitec Aurora 9 so I haven't always stayed with the name brands. I have however always stayed with something that got good reviews. I think that is really important. I purchased the Futaba as my first transmitter cause that was the brand the guys at the field were flying so it was easy for them to buddy box it. That is also an important consideration if you are just learning to fly.

John
    That is a good point as well there. We just can not afford what those guys are all flying gosh lol! I wish I could lol There are guys using the FlySky FS-TH9X I think it is called and I meanTONSof them guys are running that radio, then the others got the 1500+$ jobs so you have a Poor Bench and a OMGThat is a 3 month house payment type of flyer there. lol sorry that was the only way I could think to say it haha. Now I did get to try one of the guys setups there he had a Yak with the FlySky and I tell you what, for a sub 100$ radio that thing was sweet! Very smooth operation, had awesome range. Problem is I can not find any of them anywhere! I can see them on FleBay but refuse to buy from there, it would take a month to get here, and if I have problems with it it would cost more to send it back than to can it. HobbyPartz and all of them are out of em. Wish I could find one around here somewhere, I would go with that. Then the 3 FM ones I have could use the same radio!

Thanks again for the advice

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

check here in the sales. some good prices used. dennis
    DadstoysRC. I fly what I sell
    CD Vette City Big Bird

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

John

CTSmithey

What would beΒ* good radio then for us to start with? Lets say we have about 200$? That would be probably what I could start with there. Is there anyone of them out there that you all think would be good for us?

Thanks again!
    CT

If you go to www.hobbyking.com, click on Tx/Rx, Turnigy, and you will find a 9ch Tx/Rx for $64. I prefer JR/Spektrum, Futaba, Hitec, etc., but Turnigy is reportedly a reliable system and inexpensive. There are even cheaper systems if you look around the site.
    Rich
    byronf16@gmail.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

John

CTSmithey

What would be good radio then for us to start with? Lets say we have about 200$? That would be probably what I could start with there. Is there anyone of them out there that you all think would be good for us?

Thanks again!
    CT

If you go to www.hobbyking.com, click on Tx/Rx, Turnigy, and you will find a 9ch Tx/Rx for $64. I prefer JR/Spektrum, Futaba, Hitec, etc., but Turnigy is reportedly a reliable system and inexpensive. There are even cheaper systems if you look around the site.
    Yea I saw those, they are all out of stock lol that is what is getting annoying about finding something ya like, they are never there LOL!

Thanks there BuschBarber, if you happen to see where they are in stock somewhere please let me know. Even if I am sleeping my phone tells me when Ihave email, Ill jump up and order asap!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DadsToysBG

check here in the sales. some good prices used. dennis
    Yep I saw some of those, really nice radios. Is it still OK to use FMRadios or is that not such a good idea? I know the park where we go they do not really like people to use them anymore, but they do allow it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

John
    That is a good point as well there. We just can not afford what those guys are all flying gosh lol! I wish I could lol There are guys using the FlySky FS-TH9X I think it is called and I meanΒ*TONSΒ*of them guys are running that radio, then the others got the 1500+$ jobs so you have a Poor Bench and a OMGΒ*That is a 3 month house payment type of flyer there. lol sorry that was the only way I could think to say it haha. Now I did get to try one of the guys setups there he had a Yak with the FlySky and I tell you what, for a sub 100$ radio that thing was sweet! Very smooth operation, had awesome range. Problem is I can not find any of them anywhere! I can see them on FleBay but refuse to buy from there, it would take a month to get here, and if I have problems with it it would cost more to send it back than to can it. HobbyPartz and all of them are out of em. Wish I could find one around here somewhere, I would go with that. Then the 3 FM ones I have could use the same radio!

Thanks again for the advice
    Howdy , Its good to see that you have a budget and want to stick with it . Nothing would suck the fun out of the hobby more than if you over extend yourself and worry yourself sick over it. Pretty much every manufacturer has a budjet radio in there line up and as long as your happy with what uve got as well as having fun thats the main thing .If you try and keep up with latest and greatest it can cost u a fortune . It doesnt make u a better flyer anyway . Good luck and cheers from the pope