Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

newbie is confused

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 02:27 PM
rccub
My Feedback: (184)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie is confused

i have a futaba t6axs transmitter on frequency 45. i would like to change it to 38. at the bottom left of the radio there is a retangle shaped black piece that has a number on it. it unplugs very easily. do i just unplug one and plug in the other. is this how you change from the 45 to the 38. thanks in advance.
Old 08-31-2003, 03:36 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

Default uhhh

You would need to send it to Futaba to have them change the frequency (Illegal for you to do-) but it would be MUCH easier to just change the freq. on the receiver instead-

james
Old 08-31-2003, 04:16 PM
crashpro2
My Feedback: (3)

I believe he just wants to change the channel he is on
In that case all you need to do is change your crystals
One in the rx to what ever channel you prefer
must be Futaba crystals in order for them to work properly
Old 08-31-2003, 05:06 PM
Charles, AC6WU
My Feedback: (80)

Not only is it illegal to change the Tx crystal, it is also in many cases unsafe! Although we hear of many doing this, we hear of an almost equal number of complaints about being "hit" with interference.

Changing the Tx crystal will desensitize your Tx signal and worse, cause "spurious" signals alongside the transmitted one, causing interference with who knows. This is why the FCC requires a liscenced technician to do the job. He has the tools available to retune the rig properly. These service technicians are found throughout the modeling world as well as Ham Radio.

There is also the fact that TWO levels of receiving crystals are available and one will not work where the other previously did. Perhaps you have noticed there is a "high" and "low" marked on certain replacement Receivers. This indicates the Receiver can accept only crystals on the "higher" end of the band or the "lower" end. (The first half of the frequencies are the "low" end, the second, higher numbered frequencies are the "high" end.) Using crystals that fall outside the specified range will most certainly be asking for interference.

Perhaps this is more than you wanted to know but if you intend to remain in the hobby, why not do it right. If you need to change a crystal, change the proper reciever crystal and leave the Transmit crystal alone and properly tuned.

Later, you may consider purchasing a new radio. Purchase one that has frequency changing capabilities, it will save you much time, money and effort in the long run. Most of all...HAVE FUN!
Old 08-31-2003, 06:40 PM
David Cutler

Originally posted by LMHPilot
I believe he just wants to change the channel he is on
In that case all you need to do is change your crystals
One in the rx to what ever channel you prefer
must be Futaba crystals in order for them to work properly
Not so.

Read the rest of this thread.

-David C.