Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Shared BATT/CH Ports?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 03:08 PM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Shared BATT/CH Ports?

I'm, just getting back into the hobby after 15 years absense.

Back when I was active, a 7 channel Rx would have ports for channels 1-7 W/a separate BATT port. Now I see 7 channel RX W/servo ports for channels 1-6 W/a 7th port marked BATT/CH7

I am assuming that one uses a "Y" harness to connect both the BATT & CH7 servo to this common port?

I am setting up a glider W/a Hitec Micro 05S 5 channel RX. In this RX the 5th channel is actually BATT/CH6. I am wanting to set up flaperons W/my Hitec Prism 7X Tx. If the shared port "Y" harness set-up is correct, then as above, I plug in the battery & CH6 servo via a "Y" harness?
Old 04-22-2012, 03:12 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Shared BATT/CH Ports?

ORIGINAL: SrTelemaster150

Back when I was active, a 7 channel Rx would have ports for channels 1-7 W/a separate BATT port. Now I see 7 channel RX W/servo ports for channels 1-6 W/a 7th port marked BATT/CH7

I am assuming that one uses a ''Y'' harness to connect both the BATT & CH7 servo to this common port?

I am setting up a glider W/a Hitec Micro 05S 5 channel RX. In this RX the 5th channel is actually BATT/CH6. I am wanting to set up flaperons W/my Hitec Prism 7X Tx. If the shared port ''Y'' harness set-up is correct, then as above, I plug in the battery & CH6 servo via a ''Y'' harness?
You can connect a Y Harness to any of the servo ports, including the shared port. Also, Rx batteries can be connected to any of these ports, as well. For those who like Redundant Rx batteries, this is common.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:19 PM
SrTelemaster150

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: SrTelemaster150

I am assuming that one uses a ''Y'' harness to connect both the BATT & CH7 servo to this common port?

I am setting up a glider W/a Hitec Micro 05S 5 channel RX. In this RX the 5th channel is actually BATT/CH6. I am wanting to set up flaperons W/my Hitec Prism 7X Tx. If the shared port ''Y'' harness set-up is correct, then as above, I plug in the battery & CH6 servo via a ''Y'' harness?
You can connect a Y Harness to any of the servo ports, including the shared port. Also, Rx batteries can be connected to any of these ports, as well. For those who like Redundant Rx batteries, this is common.
I assumed that all of the bik/- red/+ posts would hot once power is connected W/the yel/signal posts being the only ones W/differential power. I just wanted someone that has been up to date on all these new improvements to varify that.

Thanks a lot.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:23 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SrTelemaster150 I'm, just getting back into the hobby after 15 years absense.
Back when I was active, a 7 channel Rx would have ports for channels 1-7 W/a separate BATT port.
Now I see 7 channel RX W/servo ports for channels 1-6 W/a 7th port marked BATT/CH7
I am assuming that one uses a "Y" harness to connect both the BATT & CH7 servo to this common port?
I am setting up a glider W/a Hitec Micro 05S 5 channel RX. In this RX the 5th channel is actually BATT/CH6.
I am wanting to set up flaperons W/my Hitec Prism 7X Tx. If the shared port "Y" harness set-up is correct,
then as above, I plug in the battery & CH6 servo via a "Y" harness?

Correct, this has been the case with all known receivers for many years, in fact batteries
can be "Y" into any servo port..:
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual or Multiple Batteries may be installed
............ Avoid Brownout & Add Redundancy, even one for each servo.

Refer to the the Hitec 555 manual (copy attached)for use with extra channels,
also on my webpageunder
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
the 555 can be extended to 8 channels.

Alan T.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Lj23203.pdf (24.2 KB, 2 views)