Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

dx7 woes

Old 04-24-2012, 10:32 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dx7 woes

hi guys im searching all over the web and cant figure this one out to save my life. i can bind to my 7000 rx,s i have 2, 1 came with tx the other was purchased used. the tx and rx bind no problem but will not operate any servos , esc/motor, or gyro .but i can put any 6 series to any of the esc/motor, servos and gyros and they work. is it time to call spectrum? i do know i had the one that came with the kit hooked up in a heli and it worked but now it wont.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:57 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts
Default RE: dx7 woes

Shouldn't be an issue.

Make sure the TX is not right next to the reciever (2 feet or so min) when they are linking and that you're not on a metal surface.

You're getting the flashing lights, then steady, then powering down and removing the bind plug and all? Sounds like you know what you're doing but I'm not making assumptions.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:58 AM
AndyKunz

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Do you have the remote antenna attached? The AR7000 will not drive servos until it sees signal from both the internal and remote receivers.

Andy
Old 04-25-2012, 07:56 AM
madmorgan

looks like the sat isnt anygood it just steadily blinks even after bind looks like spectrum forces you to buy if the sat goes bad thank god theres the hk orange series out there for a small fee. what is really weird is if i move the right antenna the led will go off i checked and its still soldered even put iron on it to make sure and its nice and soldered. i guess thats what i get for buying a used item off here lol.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:11 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

Its probably the cable, or you have a DSM2 reciever and a DSMX remote reciever.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:30 PM
madmorgan

tried changing the cable with 2 other sats that work and i use on my trex 600 and the clear smoked case says dsm2 it still doesnt work just keeps on a flashin oh well i will just get a few oranges from hk this weekend since im getting some esc's. thanks though.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:01 AM
AndyKunz

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Look at the white label on the remote receiver. If it has an X it's DSMX even though the case says DSM2.

Andy