Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TM-14/MZ-14 problem

Tried the Futaba support forum but got no answer. Here's what I posted

I accidentally ripped out my antenna front the back of my MZ14 radio. I took the TM14 apart and re soldered the ground and antenna back but not sure if I really trust it. Did a range check and got about 80 paces, but still I'd rather install a new antenna. Can it be purchased separately or to you have to buy the whole TM14 module?

Anyhow, the part number is HSP79469 and people in the past have purchased them. Problem is now Hobby Services says FFC regulations prevents them from selling the part and it needs to be sent for service. This radio is used for commercial use so I really can't afford the time to send it in for service. Any source to buy this part still available?

Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: TM-14/MZ-14 problem

Why dont you just slap in a 2.4 module? No other antenne needed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: k_caller

Why dont you just slap in a 2.4 module? No other antenne needed.
    The TM-14 is the 2.4 module for my MZ-14. I was looking for the short coax antenna. Found one and it's on it's way.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The antenna is actually a small diameter coaxial cable. You cannot solder it. You must replace it. Looks like you got it sorted out.
    Team Futaba - RClipos.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: shaunrbell

Anyhow, the part number is HSP79469 and people in the past have purchased them. Problem is now Hobby Services says FFC regulations prevents them from selling the part and it needs to be sent for service.
    Thanks!
    It is true. We've been told that the FCC strongly frowns upon people having access to a transmitter's RF section. Because the connector for the antenna is a very, small component that is easily installed incorrectly, the FCC wants only authorized service centers to replace the transmitter antenna.

72/75MHz antennas are different. They are designed to be removable by the user without having to connect directly to the RF section of the transmitter. The antenna of a 2.4 GHz transmitter is not designed nor intended to be user-serviceable. That's why we've been told that we cannot sell transmitter antennas. They are service-center items only.

Having sold them in the past doesn't mean that we were correct to do so, and we have had to cease the sales of 2.4 GHz antennas.

Please note the contact phone and email address below for the Futaba Service Center North America. With emails, we have sometimes not received them due to spam trapping. Sometimes our replies get trapped by users' spam traps. Those things need to be checked. However, we usually get to emails within 24-48 hours.

Futaba Service Center North America
    3002 N. Apollo Dr. Suite 1
    Champaign IL 61822
    USA

Phone: (217) 398-0007
    Fax: (217) 398-7721
    Email: service@futaba-rc.com

Bill Baxter, Manager Hobby Services/Futaba Service/North America
    3002 N. Apollo Dr. Ste. 1 Champaign, IL 61822 USA
    Service Phone: 217 398-0007
    Email: hobbyservices@hobbico.com